textures referenced in .b3d files

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/textures referenced in .b3d files

WolRon(Posted 2003) [#1]
I have created a mesh in Maplet and textured it with some random image on my hard drive. If I load it into Blitz and view it, it's textured correctly, but what I noticed looking at the .b3d file is that the textures don't appear to be stored in the .b3d file. They appear to be referenced from their file path.

The problem I see arising from this is that when I distribute this game, the textures will not be included. And even if I do include them manually, the references in the .b3d file will be wrong on the end users computer.

What is the method you all use to texture your meshes? Do you manually texture them with the Loadbrush/Paintmesh commands? Can meshes be textured with the references found in the .b3d file?
I'm terribly confused how this auto texturing Maplet does is supposed to work.

Difference(Posted 2003) [#2]
Just put the textures in the same directory as your b3d, they will be found.

WolRon(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thanks for the reply Peter.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#4]
I was worried over that too. my lightmaps were refenced from 3dsmax directory, but then it just found the bitmaps when I placed them in the blitz3d model directory.
I did this on a different pc so i know it works

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#5]
Ruz,

Im sure you know, but in the tools in Max you can gather your resources used into one folder, including the max file. I find this very useful to keep everything together.

IPete2.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#6]
collector you mean?
I will prolly get around to that soon.