B3d Pipeline update

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3d Pipeline update

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#1]
There's an update available that supports the spiffy new cubic reflection maps ("Cube Map" flag in the Blitz3d Map)

Also fixed the viewer so it doesn't crash with arbitrarily named bones - thanks to the awesome new EntityClass() command! Thanks Mark!

Get it here

-Pudding

HNPhan(Posted 2003) [#2]
ohhooo, and so quick too :D

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#3]
Sounds great :)

Mathieu A(Posted 2003) [#4]
wow, thanks pudding!! are you speedy gonzales?

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#5]
thank you.

IPete2.

Mathieu A(Posted 2003) [#6]
Hi pudding, I test the cubic env of your exporter. And I couldn' t visualize the effect on the B3D viewer. Is that normal?
If not, how can we configure the cubic env?

THX

Caff(Posted 2003) [#7]
Excellent, this fine product goes from strength to strength.

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#8]
Audrain, the main thing is to make the cube map the way Mark describes (faces should be laid out in a horizontal strip etc...) The resulting map is six times wider than it is tall.

-Pudding

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#9]
There was a bug in the exporter formatting relative paths.
I posted a new dle here that should fix the problem. (I also updated the zip)

-Pudding

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#10]
Pudding, I can't get morph anims to show up (in my own code or your B3D viewer). I'm sure it must be something I'm doing (or not doing), but I've tried pretty much every combination of checkboxes and it just wont happen. Please could you advise me as to where I may be going wrong. Thanks for releasing such a great app BTW :)

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#11]
Skitchy, are you adding the "B3dMorph" user-defined property to the object?

-Pudding

Mathieu A(Posted 2003) [#12]
hi I 've the same problem than skitchy. Where is the B3dMorph? it's a specific modifier?
THX

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#13]
Right-click on the object and select properties. Then go to the User Defined tab and type "B3dMorph"

-Pudding

Mathieu A(Posted 2003) [#14]
ok thanks, I 'll try

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#15]
Yes, that works.
Sorry, I had no idea you had to tag the meshes like that - I must have some older docs or something. Thanks for the quick response and keep up the good work :)

Akat(Posted 2003) [#16]
all my primitive model become too ugly - why? i mean, lets say a polygon contains 2 faces, it should be bright line represent polygon line and 1 dotted line cross over it represent faces separator. when i upgrade the pipeline, this 1 dotted line become bright like it is separator for another polygon...

btw - dont tell me it doesnt matter coz the polys count are still count by the number of faces...

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#17]
Pudding - I've only just had chance to have a real play with b3dpipeline, and I must say its excellent, amazing in fact. Hats off to you and thanks for your hard work. :)

Difference(Posted 2003) [#18]
I only just tried it too. It's excellent.
Thank's for all your hard work.

Mighty MAC(Posted 2003) [#19]
Just a question ...

Is it possible to scale the texture layers differently.
I mean a one-tile texture above a 10x10 tiled ?

Marcus

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#20]
Glad you guys like the pipeline!

Akat, not sure how that happened. I don't think I'm doing anything that would cause that. Are you sure you didn't accidentally change some display setting?

Marcus, you can use the second UV channel. Just apply UVW unwrap, set the map channel to 2, and scale up all the UVs. Now set the map channel in the texture layer to use channel 2.

BTW I think there is an issue with files saved with the older (pre-cubemap) version of Blitz3d Map needing to be refreshed. Just looking at the map in the material editor seems to do the trick...

-Pudding

Akat(Posted 2003) [#21]
oic.. now i switch back to software instead of D3D - its done... thanq

Mighty MAC(Posted 2003) [#22]
I can't remember.

Is it a limitation of the b3d file format that we only can work with 2 of 4 channels ?

Marcus

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#23]
I'm a little confused about the b3d support for uv channels myself. The specs say we can have up to 8 channels:

texture coords per vertex (eg: 1 for simple U/V) max=8

But the texture flag only lets you specify a second UV channel:

The flags field value can conditional an additional flag value of '65536'. This is used to indicate that the texture uses secondary UV values, ala the TextureCoords command. Yes, I forgot about this one.

I don't understand how we're supposed to use the other 6 uv channels... It would be relatively simple to support them in the exporter.

-Pudding

Mighty MAC(Posted 2003) [#24]
8 uv channels ? That would be great !

I definitly need more than two:

One for a tiled ground image, one for a detail layer with a pathway and dirt on it ... and then I miss the third one for the lightmapping.

It always fails in details.

Marcus

Filax(Posted 2003) [#25]
Physic compatible ??

HNPhan(Posted 2003) [#26]
physic is being let down now in 3D Max, theyve stoped progressing physic, theyve decided to advance 'skin' instead. I think its a good sign that physique will be obselete in the future.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#27]
Physique was fairly convoluted. There was no point in having both systems. It also had it's fair share of bugs in the past.

Also, pudding, you'll find mark is very helpful with all things exporter so give him a shout if you really get stuck.

Akat(Posted 2003) [#28]
Q... how to apply this extensions?:

Ambient
BG color
Fog
Cameras
Lights

Cameras is the most important... coz i wanna create in-game FMV where the camera will flythrough (actually it can save a lot of work in doing such thing like data reading and hermite spline extraction)

Red(Posted 2003) [#29]
- Can SomeOne post a pipeline result screenshot ?
- Does this tool fill the MAX exporter gaps (model animation) ?

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#30]
Each time i click Blitz3d Map i get - Unknown Property:"U_Tile" in MtLBase: Placement, tab.h line 117.

Any clues?

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#31]
Also, i couldnt find a way to allow brushes to load as masked or with alpha channels (png/tga)... Maybe this is tied in with the Blitz3d Map parms. ?

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#32]
What version of Max are you using?

-Pudding

Rob(Posted 2003) [#33]
Isn't it in the instructions? I've got no problems here.

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#34]
Max 4.0..
and no it's not in the instructions ... hence me posting here.

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#35]
That's the problem; it should work in 4.2, but anything earlier is likely to have issues.

-Pudding

Rob(Posted 2003) [#36]
Sab, discreet do not charge for the .2 update, you can freely download it.

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#37]
Sweet, i grabbed the max update last night and its working smoothly now... could of swore i had 4.2 installed! :(

Thanks for the info guys.

puki(Posted 2007) [#38]
Edit:

Woops, wrong thread - not sure how I ended up in this one?

puki(Posted 2007) [#39]
Oh, no I bumped an old thread.