Thanks for the blitz3d update!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Thanks for the blitz3d update!

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#1]
Its always fun to see updates :)
Especialy as delayed ones as this!
Too bad the dot3 stuff seems not to have been stable enough to be included though.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#2]
I say thanks too! Well, the dot3 thingy isn't that important for me atm. I am happy for the texturename$ and classname$ things! I missed them until now. It rounds Blitz3D up.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#3]
Added cubemap support is nice, sure, but it does not seem to cover cube lighting - which I wanted BADLY... cube reflections are nice but lighting would have been REALLY useful. Also we don't get after all DOT3 or not even basic bump map support, so... I mean updates are NICE of course and there hasn't been that many for Blitz3D lately, but I am still somewhat disappointed.

Well, maybe the next update has cube lighting and some sort of bumps... and maybe we get even weighting and DXTC too in some distant future. And if we don't, I'll just have to manage without those, simple as that! :)

Uhfgood(Posted 2003) [#4]
Yes thanks :-D

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#5]
Excellent update, thanks! All the get brush, and get texture commands, are absolutely time savers...Well, for the next project anyways.

Uhfgood(Posted 2003) [#6]
This update fixed whatever problem happened when trying to load decorator 1.7 made b3d files ;-)

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#7]
The GetTexture() and other commands are really nice. It's so much easier when you can just retrieve the information.

SopiSoft(Posted 2003) [#8]
I love the Cubic Environment Mapping !!! :-D

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#9]
GetTexture and GetBrush ?!?

Great!!!!

thanks mark

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#10]
I posted in another thread, but it's been long enough between updates that I feel justified posting here as well. Especially since it's to thank Mark for both this update and for all his Blits3D support over the past two years. Arigato!

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#11]
the Class thing is something really missed imo
great work

Filax(Posted 2003) [#12]
And the DOT MAPPING ???? where ?

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#13]
Filax, see http://blitzbasic.com/bbs/posts.php?topic=25741

Filax(Posted 2003) [#14]
Thx :)

GitTech(Posted 2003) [#15]
Thanks Mark!!!

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#16]
aww- i've yet to see the new cubemapping... Although it sounds kinda techy and a bit beyond me right now. Still nice to see a Blitz3d update in amongst the long stream of B+ stuff recently :)
Cheers.

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#17]
Great stuff. Tattoo wouldn't have got far without it!

This update fixed whatever problem happened when trying to load decorator 1.7 made b3d files ;-)

Ah.. that explains why I couldn't track it down..

Ziltch(Posted 2003) [#18]
Thankyou Mark.

Zephar123(Posted 2003) [#19]
Thanks mark

Cronos(Posted 2003) [#20]
is cool mark

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#21]
Nice. Can't dl yet as this is a library computer, but cubemapping sounds like a nice feature, although I don't know it. It is apparently good for light ing and reflections, and that is a graphical upgrade that blitz needs.

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#22]
It's like a sphere map exept its 6 textures joined like a cube, and applyed to an entity. If you take camera shots from the 6 directions from the same spot, then textures the entity with them, the entity will look like it reflects the enviroment. Looks pretty cool, and far more useful than the sphereical reflexion mapping.

And also, i thought the DOT3 stuff was in the update? I managed to get it working.

Not Available(Posted 2003) [#23]
Thanks mark!

John Blackledge(Posted 2003) [#24]
Thanks, Mark.

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#25]
MARK U ROCK!!!!
NEVER STOP MAN!

semar(Posted 2003) [#26]
Thanks Mark for giving us another Blitz3D update, which appears to be full with nice surprises !

Sergio.

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#27]
No bugs either, as far as i can tell!!! great job!!!!

John-Robin(Posted 2003) [#28]
Looking good! Ok, has anybody ever written a tutorial on how to use an easter egg ;)

*(Posted 2003) [#29]
John-Robin: well first you unwrap the packaging, take off the foil and consume the chocolate ;). I think there may be info on the Blitz related stuffs knocking around the forum but dont hold me too it :)

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#30]
sounds good , even though I haven't tried any of the new features.

RedRidingHood(Posted 2003) [#31]
Thanks. :)

Makepool(Posted 2003) [#32]
Where did the version history text file go? I found that dead useful to find out what's in the new version, having to go through the command docs to find all the new additions means you'll probably miss at least one new command.

AbbaRue(Posted 2003) [#33]
Anyone have a list of the new undocumented commands like:
SetCubeMode
And how to use them.

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#34]
Where did the version history text file go?

The new versions.txt is installed by the update in your Blitz3D directory.

Andy(Posted 2003) [#35]
>Where did the version history text file go?

It is in the Blitz3D directory!

Andy

Makepool(Posted 2003) [#36]
>It is in the Blitz3D directory!

Right, thanks, it's just that you used to be able to download it off the same page as the updates. I never knew that that file was in the Blitz3D directory.

ChrML(Posted 2003) [#37]
Thanks Mark, from me too! Everyone that says the opposite, doesn't deserve free updates at all.