Vertex Position

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Vertex Position

Rimmsy(Posted 2003) [#1]
I can do a
TFormPoint VertexX(s,i),VertexY(s,i),VertexZ(s,i),mesh,0
CameraProject usecam, TFormedX(),TFormedY(),TFormedZ()

to get the vertex position in screen coords using projectedx(),etc... but when I animate the mesh model, these positions don't move. What am I missing?

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#2]
Are you referring to B3D boned animations, or other?

The former doesn't allow you to access the vertices animated state unfortunately.

You can calculate the positions though, from the bone data, but it is rather complicated. You have to parse the original B3D file to know which bone each vert is allocated to.

Rimmsy(Posted 2003) [#3]
no, I'm exporting a morph animation from max using b3dpipeline. Does this not all access to verices in an animated state either? thanks for the help.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#4]
Morph animations (using b3dpipeline) are still boned animations with one bone per vertex.

If you do the morph animation manually (through code) you will have instant access to the vertex positions.

Rimmsy(Posted 2003) [#5]
Bugger. thanks. didn't realise the boned thing. And god, my previous post is unreadable.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#6]
If you are using morphed animation, the bones are one bone per vertex, so simply access the bones to give you the vertex positions :)

skidracer(Posted 2003) [#7]
and for normal boned animation I imagine replacing mesh,0 with bone,0 in the TFormpPoint will do the business

Rimmsy(Posted 2003) [#8]
ahh. ta.