Help mad sprite thing.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Help mad sprite thing.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2003) [#1]
Not really sure about how to describe this best so I made two screen shots of it.

ok the problem is this.

I create my ship, I then create a pivot to use as the gun emiter and I parent them, so the gun emitter is at the nose of the ship.

This is all fine.

All of this is done by default at position 0,0,0

Ok. note pic a.

Thats me shooting fine with nothing between me and the 0,0,0 position.

Now pic B

I edited it a little to make it clear what I mean. you can see that because the roid is now between the creation point at my ships location the bullet originates and collides with the roid right away when it shoudl originate at my ships nose.

God I hope you know what I mean. this has me stummped.

ashmantle(Posted 2003) [#2]
Does the ship and the emitter have the same scale?

I just read something in the bug reports area regarding this.. maybe you should too?

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#3]
When you position the bullet, are you sure you're using the Global position of the gun pivot?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2003) [#4]
What actually happend was that when I created the bullet. I set its x,y,z speed blah blah blah.

BUT. I didnt do a positionentity to move it to its new position .. ie on top of the gun emiiter.

As a result from what I could tell, it was then created at 0,0,0 then when its frist move was called. it moved to the emitter before then heading out the way I was meant to be shooting. As a reuslt if there was anything between 0,0,0 and my ship the bullet would prematurly collide with it.

Anyway I hope this helps the others who have had this problem.

So all that was needed was a position entity to force it into its new location before moving it off.

Quick note thanks to all those who chipped in on IRC to help me track down the problem.