MD2 TEXTURE

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/MD2 TEXTURE

eos(Posted 2003) [#1]
I use the solution in the topic http://www.blitzbasic.com/bbs/posts.php?topic=24218 to export from poser to md2. Now i want to add texture to this model. Does anybody knows how to do that?

Thanks

EOS

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#2]
You mean how to add a texture to the poser model or how to get a texture to show up in blitz?
If its the latter then you have to add this.

;example

Player=LoadMD2("models/Pearman.md2")
tex=LoadTexture( "models/pearman.bmp" )
EntityTexture Player,tex

if you mean how to texture poser models in general I am not sure , I do all my texturing in max and pshop.

eos(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thanks, but i know that. My problem is how to create the texture map for my md2 animation.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#4]
In that case please be more specific than "create the texture map." Are you asking how to assign texture coordinates? Are you asking how to create the texture image?

eos(Posted 2003) [#5]
I create in poser 5 a (P4 Lo Res) character. Then I export into multiples 3ds. In 3d gamestudio I import the sequense into and exported as md2. Now I don't know how to create a texture for the md2 file so i can asign in blitz. I used to work with obj. and i use LithUnwrap or UVMapper.

Tkanks

eos

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#6]
You didn't answer my question(s.) Are you asking how to assign texture coordinates (ie. UV mapping) or are you asking how to create the image which will be applied as the texture?

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#7]
Indeed, if you mean , how do you create a convincing texture, thats a big question. You could unwrap in whatever program and paint it by hand in pshop or painter, or you could go the photo source route.Just depends on your artistic abilty

eos(Posted 2003) [#8]
My problem is how to asign texture coordinates.
I try to get the map from lith unwrap but didn't work becouse is an MD2 file.

My artistic level is bad
Please i need help

Bolo_Loco(Posted 2003) [#9]
Did you create a UV- Map after export the model from Poser ?
As far as i know Poser don't export any Maps.....
( Maybe I'm wrong )
You can do the mapping in Med ( Gamestudio )

Bolo Loco

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#10]
If the model is animated then you will need to use MED to assign texture coordinates. If it is not however you can use Lithunwrap. For future reference, always assign texture coordinates before animating and/or exporting to MD2, even if you won't be creating the texture image right away.

eos(Posted 2003) [#11]
Thanks, my model is animated. How i assign texture coordinates in MED?

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#12]
Surely this isn't the place to ask that. 3D Gamestudio has its own forum.