collisions

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/collisions

Zephar123(Posted 2003) [#1]
ok i dont get this and it really stinks. I figure otu a great control system for an elevetor and the collisions is working properly for the model fo the elevator. That is untill i tell it go up. Once it starts to move collisions is lost. Anyone have any ideas why you would loose collisions when moventity is called?

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#2]
You can't collide 2 moving objects (easily) using Blitzs built in collisions. Take a look in the code archives.

Zephar123(Posted 2003) [#3]
yep im looking at it and its well done, but its does so much more its a little overwelming.
Be alot esier if someone woudl jsut tell me the trick. LIke use velocity or use linepick. Please jsut give me a nudge onto the tricks of it :-)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#4]
The Problem is when two meshes move towards eachother. Of course you have to define Collisions for both directions, something like

Collisions 1,2,2,2
Collisions 2,1,2,2

Some work-arounds are possible. Parent the player to the elevetor. Or simply position the player right above the elevetor ground each frame. Or maybe it works when you turn off gravity of the player while he is inside the elevator.

The same problem occurs when you increase an entitys scaling - it will fall trough the ground immediately, btw.

Zephar123(Posted 2003) [#5]
Collisions 1,2,2,2
Collisions 2,1,2,2

hmm that there may be the problem and would make since. as collisiosn seems to work down and not up. I'll try this tomarow and update ehre on what occurs. :_) thanks for the suggestion

Zephar123(Posted 2003) [#6]
nope no good. :( so like your saying about having the player move with the elevator goign to be about the only way. Just goign to be a bit complicated as a linecheck really wont work eighter as a botton has to be push for it to move its nto jsut moving up and down liek in the 3d demo. Think i gotta a work aroudn though from everyone suggestions.