Does Blitz3D 1.83 support the russian character set?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Does Blitz3D 1.83 support the russian character set?

SopiSoft(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi guys,

Does Blitz3D 1.83 support the russian character set?
I need to know this because my game will be in stores in Russia too and they want the game to be in russian.
Like 98% of the text in my game is loaded as images and their artists will reproduce those images with russian text, but in some menus there still is some real text. Most of it is dynamic so it cant be pre-rendered to an image, i know it can be rendered to an image in real-time but then it still will display strange characters when the russian character set isnt supported...

I hope anyone can answer my question or knows how to support the russian character set manually.

Cheerz!

Cronos(Posted 2003) [#2]
not it doesn't support other languages that are not English, at the moment
but it can implement them with sprites 2d/3d.

this can help you

fontext
http://www.redsoft.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fontext/

SopiSoft(Posted 2003) [#3]
too bad, i already use images for the text but there is still some real text that is dynamic and rendering them to images in real-time doesnt work then, because it'll still not be in the russian character set

MrCredo(Posted 2003) [#4]
i seen somewhere only russian blitzfont for IDE... *g*

GfK(Posted 2003) [#5]
not it doesn't support other languages that are not English, at the moment
WTF?! There are already Russian versions of several of the Maxx games.

too bad, i already use images for the text but there is still some real text that is dynamic and rendering them to images in real-time doesnt work then
It will work - you just have to use the native equivalent of standard Windows font; eg; Arial becomes ArialCE or whatever.

I did a Polish version of Double Top in exactly the same way using Windows CE TTFs.

SopiSoft(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thanks for the info, i'll have a look at this right away... ;-D