Blitz3d Version Info?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3d Version Info?

drdespair(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hello, I just bought Blitz3d :) because I got tired of waiting around for the 'other language' :) to get its act together about realy basic stuff, I just have a few quick questions to get started, I download the 183 update and installed, now my about info show IDE and Runtime as 183 but the linker is still the original 164 is this correct? did i do something wrong while updating? did i have to install all the updates consequtivly? (would be nice if it said somewhere on the updates page that all updates include fixes from prior version ... if that realy is the case) please let me know if the linker version should realy be that. Thank you!

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#2]
Yup, that's right. Apparently the linker has not been updated, only the rest of the stuff (which amounts to quite a lot). Welcome aboard, and have loads of fun with your new investment :)

Fredborg

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2003) [#3]
The IDE, linker and compiler all have different version numbers, and as Fredborg points out, only get updated if they change. The one to look at is the compiler, as that will always change (I can't see mark ever releasing a linker or IDE only release!).