RND SEEDING

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/RND SEEDING

Neochrome(Posted 2003) [#1]
is RND seed numbers the same on all computer

A number 2 seed will give the same set of Random Numbers on ALL PC's?

GfK(Posted 2003) [#2]
Yes.

OT: Your sig is completely buggered and has been for ages, I don't know if you noticed?

morduun(Posted 2003) [#3]
No, actually. It won't at the moment. It should, but Blitz doesn't quite do this correctly. Hoping to see this in a patch soon...

Neochrome(Posted 2003) [#4]
Gfk i know my sig abit buggered. But cant fix it.. theres no help on it

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#5]
Neomancer,

Do this:

{a h**p://www.neomancer.co.uk}Neomancer{/a}

But replace the {} things with [] things and change the ** to tt.

Cheers,

Ryan

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#6]
Or from the Blitz FAQ
What are the forum codes?

Warren(Posted 2003) [#7]
No, actually. It won't at the moment. It should, but Blitz doesn't quite do this correctly. Hoping to see this in a patch soon...

Are you positive of this fact? Have you actually tested it? My current game is sort of counting on this and it would suck if this is the case ...

morduun(Posted 2003) [#8]
Positive. Tested. Shown to Mark. He knows it's a bug. Random sequences are marginally off across processors and platforms. This thread shows the evidence; and no, it doesn't seem to be a problem exclusive to b+.

Warren(Posted 2003) [#9]
OK, from reading that thread it looks like the first 5-6 digits are fine so I should be good to go regardless. *phew*

morduun(Posted 2003) [#10]
I hope so, but I don't think you can count on that. It all derives from a floating point inconsistency that has to do with the means by which Blitz generates random numbers... so while it =appears= to occur only at those rates, you could very possbly end up a few digits off at any level.