Future Releases

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Future Releases

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#1]
Perhapse I have overlooked something, but is there a place on this site that lists what is currently under development being fixed for the next version of blitz3d? or is it simply a matter of reading through the requested features/bugs and making assumptions that a number of them will be addressed?

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#2]
"Perhapse I have overlooked something, but is there a place on this site that lists what is currently under development being fixed for the next version of blitz3d?"

-- Nope

"or is it simply a matter of reading through the requested features/bugs and making assumptions that a number of them will be addressed?"

-- I wouldn't make any assumptions if I were you. Mark, and possibly his beta testers, ids the only person who knows what is going to be added/ changed in future updates.

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#3]
again. thanks for the info Ben

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#4]
A "known bugs list" would be fantastic!

In the early days, I spent over a week rewriting some code and banging my head against the monitor trying to fix a bug only to then discover it was a bug with Blitz's terrains that was fixed in the next update!

AAAAAAARGH!!

Cheers,

Ryan

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#5]
*ouch lol

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#6]
or is it simply a matter of reading through the requested features/bugs and making assumptions that a number of them will be addressed?
Actually, it's more a case of "wait and see". Occasionally Mark (or a beta tester) will release the odd bit of in-development code (such as the yummy cubic environment mapping demo released recently) to give you an idea of what he's working on. Also there's the worklogs, although that's more a "what's going on in his mind ATM" rather than any concrete plans for the future.
A "known bugs list" would be fantastic!
The thing is there aren't really that many "known" bugs. Mark usually fixes them ASAP. I suppose the closest thing would be the bug report forum. Although many of the bugs reported there aren't Blitzes fault but rather a "faulty logic" bug. :o>

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#7]
The thing is there aren't really that many "known" bugs.

But it would still be nice to know what they are!

Although many of the bugs reported there aren't Blitzes fault but rather a "faulty logic" bug.

All the more reason to have a list of "real" bugs!

Cheers,

Ryan

Robert(Posted 2003) [#8]
To be honest I don't even think that Mark knows :\