fog and entityblend

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/fog and entityblend

koekjesbaby(Posted 2003) [#1]
i have a probelem using fog and entityblend, or i have a problem with a sprite and fog. the sprite (that acts as a shadow plane) seenms to be more effected by the fog than i ought to... the sprite has its entityblend set to 2 but i tested it with all other blends and it still didn't blend with the fog correctly.

an image of my problem can be found here. the fogcolor is set to black (white fog doesn't give any problems only "coloured fog") and the clscolor of the camera is set to white.

anyone out there that can help me?

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#2]
I don't understand why it happens but it is a known problem. AFAIK there is no way around it.

koekjesbaby(Posted 2003) [#3]
if looked at it a little more and it seemes that the fog color is added to the sprite before the entityblend effect is calculated.

or something...

Rob(Posted 2003) [#4]
Try Disabling fog. It is an EntityFX Flag, you can exlude certain entities from being effected by fog. Then Add EntityAutoFade to the shadow so that it fades off into the fog.

Another workaround is to avoid sprites. Use a custom mesh you generate yourself. Ensure Shadow is TGA or PNG with correct alpha channel.

big10p(Posted 2003) [#5]
Does it help any if you set the shadow sprite to full bright (EntityFX 1)? Just a thought.

koekjesbaby(Posted 2003) [#6]
thats funy because i want it to be on fullbright, but fullbright on and off has the same effect.

actually i have tried it all (except for the custom mesh generating) and it all has the roughly, and sadly, same effect.

could it be my geforce card?