how do i pick terrain with mouse

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/how do i pick terrain with mouse

Smurfpuss(Posted 2003) [#1]
Like i don't whant to pick the terrain using camerapicking i woulde like to use only the mouse just to get the name of the terrain by clicking on it or other entitys like how is this done

DarkEagle(Posted 2003) [#2]
CameraPick cam,mousex(),mousey()

thatl do it for ya

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#3]
It would be very hard to do it without a camerapick call. Unless you want to find the xy bounding boxes of ojects, sacrifice some accuracy and check whether or not the mouse is in it.

Jager(Posted 2003) [#4]
Camera pick is not always accurate, I've had instances when a camera pick on terrain refused to give an object ID (terrain) or x,y,z co-ordinate.

I think it was because that piece of terrain was in a gully? or maybe i had clicked too many times before??

PS what command do i use to get the size (x,y,z) of an object, in relation to distance from camera.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#5]
I don't know much about picking terrain (sorry) but I can help you out with your PS question. First off, I interpret your question to mean you want the screen pixel dimensions of the object (your question is a little unclear.) Assuming that, there is no built-in command but in the Code Archives there are example codes to find the bounding box around an object, what you need.

talentraspel(Posted 2006) [#6]
There are answers, that are no answers ....