Textures not visible

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Textures not visible

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#1]
I am at a loss to nderstand why some entities are not textured. At most, they can display the basic color data, but not actual texture image. Usally, they appear plain white, not even showing reaction to light.

The meshes in question are station.b3d and the Roids.

Please can somone help?

The meshes,textures and an example .bb prog are here

DJWoodgate(Posted 2003) [#2]
Entities are textured using U and V values set at the vertices of each triangle. These are used to denote how the texture should be mapped across each triangle. These models have plenty of triangles but unfortunately the UV values, if they were ever there in the first place (I assume they were from the textures), appear to have been lost when you converted them to b3d.

They are not showing any reaction to light because you are just using ambientlight on its own and this does evoke much reaction. Try a directional or point light.

I don't know what format you have converted from but I expect people here will be able to advise how to go about doing it and retain UV mapping.

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#3]
The original was .X format. It was converted using the code in the archives.

I omitted a lightsource from the example above, bu thanks, because in my actual game, additional lights DO affect the mesh.

Is it possible then for anyone to perhaps add-in some V coords and re-send the model???

DJWoodgate(Posted 2003) [#4]
Well that code looks like it should retain UV information, so I don't know what is going on there. Make sure the original models do have UV coords. Adding UV information back could be a bit onerous.