Lightmapping and Discontinuous UVs

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Lightmapping and Discontinuous UVs

Plantagenet(Posted 2003) [#1]
Basically I am looking for a way of importing my 3D meshes into blitz with the second UV coordinate channel set up for a lightmap texture.

Ideally this would be from 3DSmax. I have some level geometry with a repeating tiled texture cubic map in the first channel, but I want a second lightmap banged over this for the shadows and this would necessitate a seperate UV channel and different coordinates.

Anyway I have it set up okay in max, but is there anyway to get this into Blitz. It seems that the .3ds format only includes the data from the first UV channel when exported as the 'textureCoords' finds only the first channel.

If the Max to Blitz route is not viable is there another way or a workaround and has anyone had any success doing this in the past?

I've checked out Halo's demo but do not understand how it works using 2 seperate .X meshes, though it produces the effect I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/ideas

ashmantle(Posted 2003) [#2]
Max -> Unwrap3D -> B3D ;)

www.unwrap3d.com

it has a native importer/exporter for Max, and supports the second UV channel for B3D.

Plantagenet(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thnx, looks like the doozer, at least for what I want to do. Didn't realize it had a Max plugin so top notch :)