Front Game Interface

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Front Game Interface

Lilprog(Posted 2003) [#1]
A Little while ago I remember seeing a game user interface for the beginning of the game(Title screen etc..) that was customizable... Anyone know where that is found?

GfK(Posted 2003) [#2]
You can use FONText for such purposes.

Do a search of the forums, there's plenty of info about it already. :)

Lilprog(Posted 2003) [#3]
I know how to make text, i was more referring to the interface that handles mouse clicks, and the menus for options etc...

yinch(Posted 2003) [#4]
I think you are thinking of XLnt_GUI which does windows and buttons and stuff.

There are a bunch of GUI systems available at
www.blitzcoder.com

Look in
http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_listimages.pl?id=bygenre&genre=Functions

y'03

dangerdave(Posted 2003) [#5]
There is Alpha_Gui that isn't like xlnt or blitzui.
It was for ingame use and has an editor.
Unfortunately, I don't who makes it!
It is great to use.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#6]
I know how to make text, i was more referring to the interface that handles mouse clicks, and the menus for options etc...
FONText can already load and display images - its not *just* for text! According to MasterBeaker, clickable HUD components are coming in the next update, so writing a nice mouse-operated front-end with FONText will be dead easy.

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#7]
Do you mean Chroma's Game Menu System?

Check it out here:

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=chroma10102002153409&comments=no

Cheers,

Ryan

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2003) [#8]
Do you mean mine?

AlphaGUI

I use it in my latest creation:

RTS demo at the blitz showcase

Rogue Vector(Posted 2003) [#9]
I think Psionic used to have a Game Menu System on his Blitz page.

But his new web site doesn't have a link to it for some reason.

Maybe send him an email...

He's at: www.psionic3d.co.uk/

Lilprog(Posted 2003) [#10]
I cant remember whose it was, it wasnt for windows use(like to use in windowed mode) like a blitz GUI type thing. IT was more like a libary for doing a full screen mode. It had a generic main image with an option for new game, load game, options etc... where you could change resolution, colors etc... I had seen a couple games using the same one, one of which was some strategy war type game. No biggie though I can easily enough write my own.

rob