Anyone ever use terrains?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Anyone ever use terrains?

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#1]
Total Terrain 2 is pretty much fully-operational now; just things like a decent Undo/Redo and help files to go. You can save and load to your heart's content, either in native .tot format or .bmp greyscale heightmap, and also the colourmap too.

Click on the Total Terrain part of my signature to get it... It's completely royalty free, use it as you will and let me know if you like it/hate it :)

Doggie(Posted 2003) [#2]
Oh yeah, this is great. Like it. Keep going.
One minor thing...the saved bmps come out 255x255 instead of 256x256. No problem, just resize 'em.

Thanks!

Doggie

poopla(Posted 2003) [#3]
I might use terrains more if they werent so trmendously limited for the situation I need them. TT looks great btw, nice work.

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#4]
@ Doggie: I'll look into that. Thanks.

@ T-Bogard: I realise some people use different Terrain solutions than native Blitz terrains... I'd like to somehow cater for them too eventually. I'll be looking into it. Come to think of it, I should probably look at sswift's terrain system and others such, and see if I can export to that. I'm going to put in Terragen importation - I'll have to study the TerragenLoad() function to see if I can figure out how to export to .ter too.

poopla(Posted 2003) [#5]
Hey cool, yeah what I need is the ability to make maps with texturing comparable to WC3, a tall order but one I really do need to fill.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#6]
I wouldn't support sswifts *current* terrain system. Even he would admit it is far from ideal.

He did say recently he might improve on it in a new version. Wait and see.

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#7]
For texturing terrains you could check out terrain shader from Idigicon

http://www.idigicon.com/pdetails.asp?id=433

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#8]
That's looking pretty sweet... Are Idigicon going to charge for it or will it be a free download?

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#9]
That's up to Idigicon(!)