remove a texture

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/remove a texture

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#1]
Is there any way to remove a texture applied to a model? I ask because older 3D cards (I mean REALLY old) don't support multitexturing effects like lightmapping so I'ld like to be able to strip the lightmaps off to support older hardware.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#2]
Try applying a blank brush to the model in question to see if it overwrites existing texture setup.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
I'll try that to see if it works but even if it does work it doesn't solve my problem. If that works it'll strip off ALL textures whereas I only want to remove the lightmap textures, retaining the main color textures. Good idea though; any others?

EDIT: No go. Using a blank brush has no effect whatsoever. Well, it does have an effect when you use PaintMesh (as opposed to PaintEntity) but as I expected it stripped off all textures, not just the lightmap.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#4]
Alright, I figured out a way to strip off textures but I haven't tested this yet on older hardware so I'm not sure this works completely; it works on my machine but then my machine is also fine with lightmaps and the whole point was for compatibility with machines which aren't. While poring over the command reference I noticed the TextureBlend flag 0 is listed as "no texture." I tried this code and it worked:

blank=CreateTexture(1,1)
TextureBlend blank,0
EntityTexture object,blank,0,1