Graphics Drivers

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Graphics Drivers

Lilprog(Posted 2003) [#1]
Anyone a somewhat expert when it comes to graphics drivers? Heres the situation.

On my brothers computer if we run the sample code from the driver picker in blitz he can choose between his primary display driver and the one on his 3d video card. The video card gets majorly better results. On my cpu i have a 3d card as well(ati rage pro), but the only option i get is the primary display driver, and thus its hard to keep a steady framerate....

Has anyone else run in to this problem is the primary display driver really bad or is that a good place to make sure framerate is tight in order to include everyone???

Rob

Hotcakes(Posted 2003) [#2]
Urrr... The Primary Display Driver is in fact whatever you use most of the time, for example your desktop uses the primary display driver. It is another term for "whatever vid card you use" - sounds to me like your bro's computer has a motherboard chipset as well as gfx card or something...

Most people should/would only get one choice.

DrakeX(Posted 2003) [#3]
ya the "primary display driver" is the plain old driver that you install with the card/get off the nvidia/ATI/whatever official card manufacturer site. i can only guess that your brother has some (very nice) unofficial drivers installed.

Barnabius(Posted 2003) [#4]
I would assume his brother is simply using one of those older 3D only cards, which were used together with the primary graphics card. In order to use the 3D card the secondary set of drivers specific to the 3D card had to be activated.

Barney
www.CroTrainz.com