UVmapping

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/UVmapping

@rtur(Posted 2003) [#1]
I need to texturise plane with "not tiled" texture? How to do this?
Particularly I need to put texture on the top of plane. But, of course, it is tiling over all plane by default..

Look at my art :-)
This is what i need
----------------------
|--xxxxxxxxxxxxx<----|---texture
|--------------------|
|--------------------|<----Plane
----------------------

And this is what i have:
----------------------
|---xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<--|----texture
|---xxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|
|---xxxxxxxxxxxxxx---|<----Plane
----------------------

Sunteam Software(Posted 2003) [#2]
If you mean a Blitz Plane object then you have to understand that the plane is infinite in size and thus the texture can never be scaled big enough to fit it properly. However by scaling the texture larger you can make it appear like there are less iterations on the surface.

As for user made planes with finite surfaces, you should be able to get the texture to fit properly by setting the correct UV coords to the vertices on the surface. However if you want the texture to only appear on part of a surface then you need to rethink because by definition a texture must cover the whole surface defined by the vertices and controlled by the UV coords.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
Your ASCII diagram does not make it terribly clear what you are trying to do. However it sounds to me like you need to split up the plane into separate sections which are textured separately.

@rtur(Posted 2003) [#4]
No! It is not blitz plane! It's plane from 3ds file...and it is textured by one texture(with correct Uvs etc) but i need to texture this plane with second texture...so can i set different uv sets for one plane?

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#5]
You can set textureblend mode and Clamp UV flags. Also the UV coords can be changed for each texture.

@rtur(Posted 2003) [#6]
I know. But how change UV coords for each texture?

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#7]
Blitz supports two sets of UV coordinates. You can adjust the second set in code or using Ultimate Unwrap. However I point you to my original suggestion and split it into 2 planes, applying a different texture to each.

Sunteam Software(Posted 2003) [#8]
It think what your looking for is:

VertexTexCoords surface,index,u#,v#[,w#][,coord_set]

More details can be found in the help.