Texturing problem 3dmax -> blitz3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Texturing problem 3dmax -> blitz3D

GC-Martijn(Posted 2003) [#1]
H!

I'm working with 3d studio max textures , because I work with 3d max but when I export the .3ds file and copy the texture file in the game directory then I see a ugly other texture.

-how could I use my textures that I made in 3d max ?

For the example I upload this (high jpg).

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

I think that you people now say:
You can't because the map editor in 3d max is software made and blitz3d don't support that.

But how can I make the best textures then ?

Thanks

Big&(Posted 2003) [#2]
If its the bumpmap you want blitz does not support it I'm afraid.
Depending on what version of Max you are using you can render the combined bump and difuse to another texture then slap that on your mesh. Wont be 100% the same but pretty close. You can do this sort of thing with old versions of Max with a bit of jigging about.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
It looks like you are tiling the texture in the material properties. I don't know if 3ds supports texture tiling (I've never actually tried it) but it certainly looks like the texture is tiled in 3D Studio Max but being stretched out in Blitz. You will need to either tile it using a different method (most likely scaling up the UV coordinates and leaving the tiling properties in the material set to 1) or apply the texture in code in Blitz, adjusting ScaleTexture.

GC-Martijn(Posted 2003) [#4]
3ds support the UVW MAP export with 3d max

I have a for example a box in 3d studio max.
then I choose in 3dmax the UVW MAP and there I can choose:
-planar
-cylind.
-spherical
-shrink wrap
-box
-face
-XYZ to UVW

I choose Face because I get the tiled map exact fit together.
Then I export the 3ds and I see that that works perfect.

But for the other options like bump mapping etc that don't work I know now, I'm going to try fake the bump mapping.

BTW. I hate to design textures in blitz3d with code, that's why I use 3d max.

Thanks for helping

Rob(Posted 2003) [#5]
Correct, there is no bump mapping in Blitz3D yet. Perhaps in the future.