3D Canvas Pro No Animation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/3D Canvas Pro No Animation

DragonMage(Posted 2003) [#1]
I am modeling with 3D Canvas Pro and I haven't been able to correctly import animation information into Blitz3D. It always says that there is no animation information. Can anyone advise me on how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance.

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#2]
In what format?

Moses(Posted 2003) [#3]
Are you using LoadMesh() or LoadAnimMesh()?

DragonMage(Posted 2003) [#4]
I have tried both LoadMesh() and LoadAnimMesh(). I am exporting to a .x format. I have tried all the different ways to export in 3D Canvas Pro that I know of. I have tried right clicking on the object and exporting it to both .x formats available and I have used the export function to export the whole scene in the file menu. If anyone could advise a solution to how to get the object to animate in Blitz3D, I would greatly appriciate that.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#5]
You need to animate using heirarchy animation, no skeletal animation, because Blitz does not support skeletal animated .x models.

DragonMage(Posted 2003) [#6]
I tried non-boned animation before but I tried it again just a few moments ago using 3D Canvas Pro and Blitz3D. I make a cube, sent it in a circular path and rotated it at the same time. I right-clicked on the object in 3D Canvas Pro (3DCP) and exported it to a (.x) frame heirarchy. I loaded it into Blitz3D and it still said "Entity has no animation."
My code is as follows:

Graphics3D 800, 600
SetBuffer BackBuffer()
camera=CreateCamera()
CameraViewport camera, 0, 0, GraphicsWidth(), GraphicsHeight()
light=CreateLight()
animobj=LoadMesh("attemani.x")
PositionEntity animobj, 0, 0, 19
Animate animobj, 2
PositionEntity light, 0, 10, 5
While Not KeyHit(1)
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip
Wend
End

If anyone can advise me on how to fix this problem, I would greatly appriciate that.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#7]
This has already been mentioned but you have to use LoadAnimMesh.

DragonMage(Posted 2003) [#8]
Thank you so much! This has completely fixed my animation problem. I think this was just a stupid mistake on my part of forgetting to add back loadanimmesh() after I had tried changing the models. Thank you for catching that error and that has now fixed my problem. Thank you to all who responded to this topic and helped in resolving this problem.