your gamepad

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/your gamepad

mouss38(Posted 2003) [#1]
Could you descirbe me your gamepad (number of buttons, numeric and analog sticks, other functions, model name...)

Thnaks!

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#2]
I have a Wingman Rumblepad from Logitech. It has a standard directional pad, dual analog sticks, left and right trigger buttons, throttle, and six regular buttons. Note however that relatively few people have gamepads hooked up to their computer so it is vital you design very good controls for your game using only mouse and/or keyboard.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#3]
Microsoft Sidewinder: 6 main buttons - 2 triggers - start + select type buttons and a standard D pad thingie.

Dock(Posted 2003) [#4]
I mainly use a Sega Saturn pad, via a converter thing. It has 6 face buttons, two triggers, Start button, and a d-pad. No analogue.

However, sometimes I use a Dual Shock PSX pad through the same converter. That has 2x analogue sticks, a 2 pad (which registers as 4 buttons), 4 face buttons, 4 trigger buttons + start + select.

I don't often play games with a pad at all, it lives in a box beneath my desk :) Keyboard and mouse is still my favoured control system, or just keyboard, as it becomes more casual. Getting the pad out means a genuine break from my PC routine.

Dock(Posted 2003) [#5]
Whatever you do, please offer a config option in the game options. My pad converter sets up all the buttons in a weird way, I would like some sort of control of the layout - else I could have jump assigned to start (which is button, uh, 15 or something on the Saturn pad ^^)

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#6]
I have a Genius 09 Gamepad. I love it. It has 10 buttons, force feedback, digital pad, analog joystick, wheel... and it was 19€ only! Here's a pic:

GfK(Posted 2003) [#7]
I'm using a PS2 DualShock Controller.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#8]
Pro-shock arcade bought in Hong Kong for next to nothing. Bit of a piece of crap really, but I don't care; it's mostly just for testing purposes.

10 buttons and a digital stick. Kind of flimsy arcade-style.

Drago(Posted 2003) [#9]
I've got a ps2 Dual Shock controller

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#10]
I've got the same one a jhocking (Wingman Rumblepad), because it was the closest thing to a 'console' pad I could find at the time.

GFK and Drago - how are you using a PS2 pad on a PC? Did you have to rewire it or is there a cheap convertor I've missed?

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#11]
http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=23&
Look at the bottom of the list for controller adapters. I keep thinking of getting one because I like PS2 pads best (the Wingman has really flimsy analog sticks, plus everything is spread out too much for my hands.)

GfK(Posted 2003) [#12]
I got my PS2-to-PC convertor from play.com - £6.99 postage-free. Click here

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#13]
Skitchy - http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=55&

Theres a couple of different convertors on there inlcuding ps2, n64 + saturn

actually this one is better. It includes xbox and gamecube as well as the ones above

http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=54&

Edit - Doh... everyone posted at the same time :)

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#14]
Thanks guys. It's amazing how stuff 'progresses' while you're not looking. Last time I checked the web for something like this the best thing I could find was some DIY schematics that required you to chop up several gamepads!

Sorry for hijacking the thread mouss38 - I'm going now :)

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2003) [#15]
I got:

Microsoft Sidewinder USB pad, 6 Buttons, 2 Triggers, Start + Mode buttons.

Play.Com dual PS2 USB Convertor (you can plug in 2 psx/ps2 pads) - so thats a standard ps2 pad (6 buttons, 4 triggers, 2 analog pads, start, select)

Boom PSX/N64 USB Convertor (for psx/n64 pads), same as above for psx, n64 - 6 buttons, 3 triggers, analog / digital pads, start.

SNES USB Convertor (for snes pads) - 4 buttons, 2 triggers, start, select.

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#16]

This is a chordless rumble pad latest model, play GTA VC A lot with this...

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#17]
Got a WingMan Action. Single Analogue, throttle, d-pad, shoulder buttons, six real buttons and a start button.

mouss38(Posted 2003) [#18]
ok, so for 9 persons, there are :

2 numeric pads owners
7 analog pads owners

thanks !