Real Time Color Manipulation ? ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Real Time Color Manipulation ? ?

Rogue Vector(Posted 2003) [#1]
Is there a way of changing all of the 3D scene colours to a particular range or scale.

For instance, if the player selects a night scope, the screen colours are converted to a green scale.

When the scope is deselected the colours return to normal.

I seen similar effects to this in games like Alien vs Predator. It almost looks like a Hue/Saturation filter applied in real time.

Thanks in advance.

Jürgen(Posted 2003) [#2]
Yes, you can use GammaRed, GammaGreen and GammaBlue.

You could also use a sprite in front of the camera which has an alpha about 0.5 or so and is a child of the cam so when you turn and move your cam, the sprite turns and moves with it.

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#3]
Think it would be good to have a separate command for this, because for example, you couldn't have greyscale with the gamma commands. Also it would be good to tie in the command to a specific camera.

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#4]
Would an AmbientLight change work also?
I've never used the Gamma Commands, and personally I would use the Sprite technique, but I was just curious.

Rimmsy(Posted 2003) [#5]
it'd work for objects that weren't entityfx 1'd. i'd prefer to use the sprite method like you malice.

matt

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#6]

Think it would be good to have a separate command for this, because for example, you couldn't have greyscale with the gamma commands. Also it would be good to tie in the command to a specific camera.

Yes. I wanted greyscale too, I tried all sorts of cunning stuff, but you just can't do it. And per-camera colour effects means that you can apply the effect without it affecting your HUD, probably the most important point. But the gamma command is as the gamma command does. Who knows if this stuff is even within the scope of blitz, or possible in DX for that matter. Which is to say, some people know. But not I.