Heroes of Saturn

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Heroes of Saturn

mouss38(Posted 2003) [#1]
what do you think of this title?
it's specific to the game and i think it's sounds good... (the story takes place around saturn and its satelites)

and for you, new screenshots (monsters AI is now ok!)
Monsters have some powers, like :

Thunder :

Ice :

Poison :

Curse :

and others : Force, Fire...

But, they can be blasted too :op :

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2003) [#2]
Not sure about the name, could definatly be improoved but the GFX are nice.

Darkheart

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#3]
it DOES sound rather cliched, but then, why not. Especially as so many commercial games are.

I like it. Great looking too :)

LostCargo(Posted 2003) [#4]
i think the flaw is the fact that you are using a description 'of' something

words like quake or polaroid or xerox, or warcraft are legends not just because they are good games/products but because they are words that represent the product.

If you called your game 'heroes' it may have more of an effect than a description of the players in a place. ie heroes of ****

Just a thought. Game looks good. What kind of frame rates are u getting on it? graphics look great. kind of anime feel to it. nice job.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#5]
Those screenshots don't look anything like Saturn. For starters, the sky is blue and there are trees. I like your graphics, but you should change the setting to somewhere else, probably a location you made up. "Heroes of Saturn" sounds like sci-fi but the game appears to be more of a fantasy RPG.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#6]
Well if the plot takes place in some future world where some of Saturn's moons have been terraformed and settled (of course you could never actually set foot on Saturn itself) perhaps you could pick out a likely candidate amongst Saturn's moons and call it Heroes of *that*...

mouss38(Posted 2003) [#7]
The level in the screenshots in just a test level, used for to beta test...
First, the story can't take place on saturn (it's not a solid planet) but on its moons (Titan, Mimas...) and in some orbital stations...

This is a RPG/Sci-Fi game...

BaudSpeed, the frame rate method is tweenig. Now, the rate is about 60 fps.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#8]
Mouss38,

I think you need to be more daring with your title. You should not try to use already overused word e.g.

"Heroes of Myth and Magic"
"Heroes of the Universe"

They are all a bit young oriented and seem to have been done to death... they have a 'we've been here before' feel to them.

We could do with some more information regarding setting, and characters, storyline, traits, weapons, just to get an understanding of what the title has to represent.

Here are some ideas to play with, based on what I have read above and still trying to get something like Hero or that idea in there.

Steel Heroes
Hero Planet
Power Planet (Power Rangers! Yeuch!)
SOS (does it have to stand for anything?)
Stranded Heroes
Hero One (you can have a sequel Hero Two he he he)
One Hero
Interplanetary Defence Team (IDT)
Interplanetary Defence Squad (IDS)
Interplanetary Attack Team (IAT)
Planetary Atmosphere
Defenders of the Planet (Hm heard that one before too!)
System Lords (very StarGate soz)
Lords of ...?

How about another angle, just let the player's imagination do the rest...

Guardians
AtmosFear
Inner Va-Cuume (play on the word Vacuum)
The Chosen or just 'Chosen'
Stranded on (whatever the planet is called)
Guardians of (whatever the planet is called)
Prime Defence
PlanetFall
FearFall

Just some thoughts.

IPete2.

mouss38(Posted 2003) [#9]
thanks ! I think the title will be find later... but i have here good tips :o)

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#10]
Actually i though the name was quite ok :)

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#11]
Heroes of Titan?

Tranz(Posted 2003) [#12]
Title aside, you may want to contact the original author of that model if you haven't already. Unless it's just a temp model.

There were big arguments in the past on other forums about game makers using Polycounts models without permission, that lead to big fights and site hacking...it wasn't pretty.

Besides, it's just not proper form to use anothers work without permission.

As far as titles go..IPete2's suggestion for Guardians of (whatever the planet is called) is pretty good

mouss38(Posted 2003) [#13]
yes tranz, the monster model is just a temp model used for the beta released and directly picked from polycount...
I i need some existing model for the final release, the author wiil be contacted...

are you this author ;opppp ???

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#14]
Hmm...

Titan Guard
Mimas Force I
Moons Of the 6th (Saturn is 6th Planet from sun)

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#15]
While I'm not sure about the exact wording, I like the way "Moons of the 6th" takes a fairly standard name and turns it on its head, making it sound more unusual and thus interesting. Kind of like that show "3rd Rock from the Sun" (ie. Earth.)

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#16]
Strange beautiful grass of green
With your majestic silken seas
Your mysterious mountains
I wish to see closer
May I land my kinky machine

Ricky Smith(Posted 2003) [#17]

May I land my kinky machine

Better apply a 'MeshSmooth' modifier first !

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2003) [#18]
My advice: Finish the game and worry about the name later, of all things people are least likely to care about the name number is probably #1.

Darkheart