EntityOrder

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/EntityOrder

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#1]
If I set an entity to EntityOrder 0,
but then later set another object ALSO to EntityOrder 0

which would be drawn first?
would the others 'shuffle' down the queue?

What if I set EntityOrder 4
then something else to Entity Order 0
then something else to Entity Order 0
Then something to Entity Order 4

OR

If I only have 3 Objects and then set something to EntityOrder 4

-_______-

The reason I am asking these questions is I have a skysphere with a main background, then other skyspheres with varying other details on that may change according to certain effects.

I was also curious as to how thios command works.

Sunteam Software(Posted 2003) [#2]
Odd is all I can say. EntityOrder is very very simple, if you want something in front then give it a higher number. If you want it behind then give it a lower number. So if 0 is normal order then 1 is in front and -1 is behind. Why you would want to give different entities the same order is beyond me as you surely know what should be in front of what?

So, if you want to swap in different skyspheres you could:

a) give the visible sphere a higher order than others like say -1 and then -2 for hidden spheres

b) hide all skyspheres apart from the visible one using HideEntity

c) apply the correct texture to 1 sphere dependent on your game mechanics using EntityTexture.

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#3]
Any objects with the same EntityOrder will be drawn depending on how close they are to the camera (as with normal renders). So if you had some with EntityOrder 0 and others with EntityOrder 1 the latter objects would be drawn over the top of the former but in actual object order (if that makes sense).

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#4]
Hehe thanks - I got a bit carried away thinking with that one whilst being overtired at work.
Yeah Sunteam, and - better than just Hiding the layers, I can alter the alpha level slowly so that it fades in/out too :)

Sunteam Software(Posted 2003) [#5]
Good luck, sounds like an interesting idea.