.X to .B3D convertor. Possible?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/.X to .B3D convertor. Possible?

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#1]
What about an ASCII DX9 .X to .B3D convertor. All the info (including bones) is in there, and it's (semi) easy to read.

For anybody who's going to say "but you can load .x files directly", I want all the extra bits you don't get with the native loader - mainly bones and extra material settings.

Can anybody see any good reason why this wouldn't work?

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#2]
Pull up a chair to Ultimate Unwrap.

bradford6(Posted 2003) [#3]
www.unwrap3d.com

worth buying! only 34.99 US

and no, i do not work for them :)

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#4]
Him, it's just Brad Bolthouse. Besides having a cool last name he is really great about feedback. At the time I just purchased it because it was a good tool. Looking back I realize the fact that features I need/want show up after back and forth discussions he and I have had is at least as valuable.

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#5]
I own Ultimate Unwrap already. I bought it almost entirely for this purpose. BUT, there's a problem with the .X import that doesn't allow scaling animation (I posted it on another thread). I've been in contact with Brad - your right about the feedback, he is very good.

I sent him a few files to illustrate the problem so I hope he fixes it soon.

Does .X support 'pure' vertex animation ie. dragging verts around to create keyframes, or does it HAVE to be done with bones.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#6]
I'm not sure but I doubt it. What you're talking about is morphing and I've never seen any reference to that with .x