Flip The Sprite

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Flip The Sprite

EvilMeowChi(Posted 2003) [#1]
how could i flip a sprite horizontally? and no, scalesprite sprite,-1,1 doesnt work, because apparently sprites arent double sided. the sprite view mode is 2

EOF(Posted 2003) [#2]
EntityFx sprite,16

This disables backface culling.

EvilMeowChi(Posted 2003) [#3]
still doesnt work

Kev(Posted 2003) [#4]
i think sprites can be fliped with rotateentity cant they?

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#5]
Instead of scaling the sprite scale the texture being applied to the sprite. In other words LoadTexture, ScaleTexture -1, and apply that texture to the sprite.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#6]
After 1 day using sprites, I switched to quad meshes instead, to get full control... and I've never looked back. So I'm not sure what your problem is; all I know that if you use quad meshes instead, there isn't one.

9572AD(Posted 2003) [#7]
So, Anthony, you're saying to create a flat mesh by vertex coordinates and texture it and such instead of using Sprite functions?
Isn't a mesh only textured on one side as well, though? (If you were "inside" an object, you wouldn't see it at all, would you?)

Or maybe just explain to me quad meshes. :)

EOF(Posted 2003) [#8]
Isn't a mesh only textured on one side as well, though?
If you use EntityFx sprite,16 this disables backface culling. Looking at the back of the flat mesh shows the texture flipped.

EvilMeowChi,
Have you tried ScaleTexture spritestexture,-1,1 to flipX the sprites texture?

9572AD(Posted 2003) [#9]
*slaps head*

Yeah, I can't remember more than three posts back in any given thread. :P

Hmm, this looks attractive to me. I had already been somewhat concerned about the seeming limitations of sprites, and I've only used them for about 20 minutes! *lol*
Doubly attractive because Anthony recommends it, and 2D in 3D is *what he does*.