Trium 2 Build 009 Multiplayer Demo Update

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Trium 2 Build 009 Multiplayer Demo Update

Filax(Posted 2003) [#1]
Bug fix :

- Auto shooting in multiplayer mode :)Hard to find ....
- Respawn is better
- Synchronisation better between player
- Frame Rate lock on all machine (tweening)
- Many fix and optimisation

To do :

- All the rest :)

http://www.webdynamit.net/blitzland/click/clic.php3?url=perso.wanadoo.fr/blitz3dfr/trium2/Trium2Alpha.zip

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#2]
Salut,

just for your information, I run on a old computer (433 MHz, 128 Mo, no specific video card), and I have only... 1 FPS !!
In these conditions, it's almost impossible to move !!!

OK, OK, I have to buy a new computer !!!!

Filax(Posted 2003) [#3]
Lol :)

Ice9(Posted 2003) [#4]
LOL, shame shame "no specific video card" you could get a fairly cheap good 3d card.

MadJack(Posted 2003) [#5]
Repeatuntil

Although a 433 mhz is well obsolete now, I can sympathise.

I'm running a P3 667 mhz pc with a 32mb Matrox G400 card on W95. Firstly, I simply can't run today's games on this rig.

I'm also finding 3d blitz games that have a nice level of detail to them (such as Trium), just run too slow (e.g. 10-14fps). I'm having great trouble getting my own game to run (Tank Universal) at 30fps at 640x480 16bit col, with all the graphical fx turned off. I'm putting this down to the fact that any game written in basic is going to be slower than say, C+ developed programmes.

Additionally though, many Blitz progs in 32bit col depth seem to overwhelm my aging 32mb Matrox vid card. I suspect that these blitz progs are quite liberal with their texture loading (perhaps more so than commercial games would be), so that the min graphics card mem is closer to 64megs or even 128megs to be able to comfortably run the more advanced blitz games being developed.

The point I want to make is that although Blitz can produce commercial quality game graphics, the hardware requirements for these are probably higher than c+ games.

Filax(Posted 2003) [#6]
My config for the Trium 2 dev is , Athlon 733 + Geforce 2 Mx

The demo is in 16 bits mode.

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#7]
Shaping up nicely. I don't understand though: there's not too much difference in the content of 007 and 009, yet the frame rate went down on my setup from 75 (007) to around 45 (009).

MattG(Posted 2003) [#8]
think he said he has changed to a fixed fps system

Matt

Filax(Posted 2003) [#9]
yes i have use tweening :)the difference between 007/009 is on the code ! not for the graphics ! for the moment.

Tom(Posted 2003) [#10]
Hi Madjack,

I used to have a Matrox G400, while the 2D side was excellent, 3D was never very good at all, way below GF1 standard as I recall.

This seems to always haunt Matrox, always a generation behind existing 3D cards, it's a shame.

Tom

morszeck(Posted 2003) [#11]
31-37 fps ... It's very nice...

popey(Posted 2003) [#12]
433MHz is most definately NOT "obsolete"!

Sigh.

morszeck(Posted 2003) [#13]
Ask: For all the one router have.
Which Ports do you use?

M@tzM@N(Posted 2003) [#14]
Looks great!!!
I must check it tonight ;)

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#15]
I love the level design. The tree's look great, only thing is i don't hear wind! It doesn't add up for them moving this way. and if wind is comming from 1 direction why do thet swing in random directions. It makes em look drunk. the building models are good only they hover just above the map mesh leaving some cracks here and there... Other than that it looks freakin cool... Framerate 15-18

M@tzM@N(Posted 2003) [#16]
I played it and your game is great!
Is it Deathmatch only or is there a Team-Deathmatch mode in the end-version?

Filax(Posted 2003) [#17]
the rules come :) i'm working on, but i think to do:

Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch

and why not a capture the flag ??

M@tzM@N(Posted 2003) [#18]
Yes :) Nice ;)
Capture the Flag is nice too :)

I really like your game but i think that the crosshair is to big...

@morszeck: I think you can setup the ports in the host menu!

Filax(Posted 2003) [#19]
I have change the crosshair :) but this is for the next demo :) stay connected ;)

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/blitz3dfr/

M@tzM@N(Posted 2003) [#20]
If i join a game the fps goes zero for a few seconds!
I think thats because the flames(?)...

Filax(Posted 2003) [#21]
this is normal , because the server must load the model player and do some stuff :) but i think optimise the process

M@tzM@N(Posted 2003) [#22]
Is there already a date for the new version?

Filax(Posted 2003) [#23]
I have stopped the coding for the moment :)