Screensaver kills my Blitz3D program...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Screensaver kills my Blitz3D program...

hollifd(Posted March) [#1]
The computers in my shop are controlled by our internal IT department. The IT department is enforcing a screensaver when the pc is left unattended for a short period of time. My Blitz3D programs crash with a "Memory access violation" error. When this happens, the user loses any unsaved work. Is there a solution to this? Turning off the screensaver is not an option for us.

Thanks for any advice and solutions,
David

Dan(Posted March) [#2]
Check this, and the post from Munch.

what it says is to check if the buffer got dirty, before drawing images, and to reload them.

Probably the screensaver resolution change clears all the loaded images from blitzbasic program.
So they need to be reloaded after the buffer is marked as dirty.

hollifd(Posted March) [#3]
I am not using any images in my program but I tried the suggestion anyway. No luck. Screensaver still kills my program. I have had no luck with the suggestion above. We'll have to make sure we don't let the screensaver kick in without saving our work. It is not that big of a deal. We have been and can continue to deal with it.

Thanks anyway,
David

gpete(Posted March) [#4]
Consider yourself fortunate your IT Department does not ban all programming languages as everyone knows programmers are vicious, out of control "hackers".
That was my employers thought process.