B3D?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D?

Caton(Posted March) [#1]
What I see the mesh format info but not for for bones.
someone please explain the format so I can understand it.

degac(Posted March) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/sdkspecs/sdkspecs.php

If I understood correctly, in the link above there should be the info you are looking for.

gpete(Posted March) [#3]
What people are really looking for is a built skeleton/pivots/bones for a 3D human character, and the same for a quadruped animal, and the same for aquatic creature. And we want a base of pre-built animations that make sense and have the descriptive numbered cycles laid out in sample code for Blitz3D.
You might just say I am lazy. Is this also the reason we have practically no games or projects built with B3D that feature human biped animations?
It is just too hard to wrap our little brains around this concept...and I know there are apps like Pacemaker, Fragmotion, Milkshape, Blender...but "attaching" "bones","nodes"...to vertexes???? Bones as a coded concept does not exist in B3D. Now I know we had an supplied example in B3D where Birdie had a pickle shaped blob bending and moving-I do not see this in the B3D examples anymore.

Also videos are awful as a replacement for written referenced code.

RemiD(Posted March) [#4]
@gpete>>if you analyze how rigged skinned meshes are structured, and how they are made, you will get it, but keep in mind that this is not really complicated, what complicates things is that each modeling rigging skinning animation tool has its own way of exporting a b3d file, so in the end you will have difficulties to understand why there are so many duplicated vertices or useless joints/bones (unless you use Fragmotion which exports a "clean" b3d)

The humanoid mesh i have provided several times on these forums can probably help you to understand the structure of a clean b3d (if you are willing to invest some time and focus)

BlitzSupport(Posted March) [#5]

Now I know we had an supplied example in B3D where Birdie had a pickle shaped blob bending and moving-I do not see this in the B3D examples anymore

Sounds like JoshK/Halo's example here:

https://github.com/blitz-research/blitz3d/tree/master/_release/samples/halo/MeshFX

Nothing to do with bones or joints, though.