Blitz3D and Loading Resources?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3D and Loading Resources?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
I was wondering how does Blitz3d standard functions like loadimage, etc handle file loading like models, images, sounds and that stuff.

The reason being is I'm trying to experiment some mix C++ DLL library stuff that involves loading images, sounds and particularly file pointers?

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#2]
I don't know what happens behind the scene (in the source code of Blitz3d), however, with the base functions and the addons by Bobysait, you can recreate images, meshes (surfaces, vertices, triangles), textures, materials/brushes, skeletons (joints/bones), influences/weights (skinned vertices), animations (emptyframes, poseframes), so everything , except sounds...

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks RemiD. anyway I got straight to the sources and just found out it uses input streams..

https://github.com/blitz-research/blitz3d/blob/647f304ef81387d8235b084bb1d9cb7ba5ff139e/linker/image_util.cpp#L240-Lundefined

static void loadImage( istream &in )

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#4]
and this means ?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
Nothing extraordinary. As I've mentioned above I'm just curious how it handles resources, this is one key aspect if you would like to add functionality and extend b3d, like what a normal or other DLLs that were made for B3D.