B3D Exact Import/Export Problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D Exact Import/Export Problem

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
Looking for any suggestion where I can import and export B3D models, animated mesh where it does not alter or change it's contents.

I tried it with fragmotion with Hierarchical Mesh ticked, it looks the same but I'm getting MAV and crashes the scene when I used LoadAnimMesh. If not ticked, it adds a bone, loads up but still getting MAV.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#2]
Fragmotion exports clean meshes, i have worked with the dev in the past to help him fix the exporter.
Depending on the smoothing groups you use and depending on if you export by considering vertices normals or not (there is an option when exporting), the structure of the mesh will change.

I suggest to export your meshes one by one and to assemble them in Blitz3d (by code or with an editor) rather than to export a big messy scene...

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks. exporting it one by one would be a tough one.

Hmmm, maybe I should try it with PaceMaker?...

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#4]
I just need to edit the rotation of the model in the actual b3d file itself and remove any extra bones the exporters are creating like blender or fragmo.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#5]
Fragmotion only add a root bone when you export, but else all is good.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#6]
That's my problem RemiD. already got a Scene Root as root bone, if I delete that, the bones will not have any parent before exporting and will be in shambles. :/

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#7]
Even if Fragmotion add a root bone, parent of all others bones, simply start your search at the child of the root bone and the hierarchy should be the same...