Suggestion

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Suggestion

Yue(Posted 2016) [#1]

I want to create a forklift , but I have no idea how to do to raise levers forward and can lift boxes, pallets etc.

The blades would be a convex leather, and I guess it would not be an animation model , if not a stiff leather that rises and falls apart in front of the vehicle.

Any suggestions ?

Gabriel(Posted 2016) [#2]
What are you using for physics? Typically, you would want to set your rigid body (which I think is what your translation tool meant by "stiff leather") to kinematic if you want to be able to move it around in the world and have it affect other objects.

Does your physics engine of choice have an option or setting called "Kinematic"?

For instance, with Bullet physics, it's something like this: [NOT BLITZ3D CODE, OBVIOUSLY]

body->setCollisionFlags( cmesh->actor->getCollisionFlags() | btCollisionObject::CF_KINEMATIC_OBJECT);

Yue(Posted 2016) [#3]
Hi Gabriel, i am using Xors3D + BlitzMax.

I think it would be a convex body for blades lifting boxes, but not as a hook to relsto the vehicle and climb to a certain height and then lowered to the ground .

Edit:
Xors3D info:
xEntityIsKinematic (Entity *entity)
Returns true if entity is kinematic and false otherwise.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#4]
http://docs.unity3d.com/es/current/Manual/class-Rigidbody.html
Well, it seems that I can put a joint in a flash, and that the object of blades up and down , we'll see how I do. Unity information has helped me a lot when looking Kinematic in google , came out in Spanish .