Flip ( 0 ) ; on Windows 10

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Flip ( 0 ) ; on Windows 10

Yue(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello , I have the problem soluconado full screen doing a reinstall Windows 10 operating system .

But I've tried Windows 10 applications in full-screen mode, but the Flip command does not swim , and in window mode on the desktop if it works, That happens only me ?

Bobysait(Posted 2015) [#2]
I don't know for the others, but I don't understand your question.
You seem to have a problem with the flip command with Windows 10, but your screenshot seems to show a working scene, I don't know what you're wanting to show.

ps : "the Flip command does not swim"
Maybe the command is not waterproof ? :)
Sorry, it just made me laugh a bit ... I remember you're not english and use google-translate but, it's always kind of fun the way it translates words by words sometimes ^_^

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#3]
edit : i have created a new thread...

Yue(Posted 2015) [#4]
What happens is that the display mode to be activated Flip false , the fps go up, but if you run in full screen mode does not happen, the FPS increase.

Flip 0 

Windowws mode Screen 2 whit Flip 0, FPS 890

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#5]
@Yue>>This seems normal, if you use Flip(0) or Flip(false) this will not sync with the screen so the fps will be higher than if you use (Flip(1) or Flip(True) (around 60fps max depending on the screen)...

An alternative if you want to limit the fps :

before the mainloop :
MainLoopTimer = createtimer(30) ;(for 30fps max)

in the mainloop :
Renderworld()
WaitTimer(MainLoopTimer):Flip(False)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#6]
It is that in Windows 7

if placed in the code

Flip 0 in full screen mode FPS went up.

But Windows 10 becomes 60 or 75 like me .

Maybe I 'm confused .

Graphics3D 800, 600, 32, 1 ; Full Screen.

Flip 0 ; FPS 850 on Windows 7 On Windows 10 FPS 60

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#7]
This probably means that Windows 10 (or maybe your graphics card) does not allow Flip(0) which is not a bad thing imo.
60fps is more than enough anyway, 20fps is enough for me...

Bobysait(Posted 2015) [#8]
You might want to check your graphics driver interface. There is (maybe) a checkbox that disable the ability to let the program choose the way the application wait before the vertical synchronisation.
Most of the time, it's called "wait vertical sync" with a slider that allows to choose something like "program managed/always on/always off"

ps : Windows 8 and 10 use the desktop window manager that forces triple-buffering on windowed application, so as the VSync is kind of forced (actually, it just add a small lag to the rendering that is noticeable, but it's not really a vertical sync).
(windowed mode only, it does not affect the fullscreen mode)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#9]
Do I understand correctly that under Win8/10 virtual sync should be off for Windowed mode?

Bobysait(Posted 2015) [#10]
It does not mean it should be off, it means it is not required nor available due to the desktop window manager that prevent the screen tearing effect by internally using triple-buffering.

As far as I know, it's not possible to disable it but as long as I don't need to unlock it, I didn't search further.

Anyway, the flip(true) should always be ON (Windowed or Fullscreen), it prevents artifact and ... it also helps to prevent graphics cards from overheating.
By the Way, disabling the Vertical Sync is just used to estimate the real fps of the application, but you can estimate the same fps using timers before and after the flip.
So, use Vertical Sync ! It's a very good feature. (IMHO, it should always be ON)