Optimize work

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Optimize work

Yue(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello, I'm not an expert, far from it.
I think this is the time you've gone too far with Blitz and my unfinished prototype.

So I would like to receive the advice of an expert on the subject.

As I can optimize Blitz3D work ?, I mean I have a simple scene, where I have the following:

10 platforms.
40 bushes.
40 dandelions.
4 trees.
9 boxes.
1 stone statue.

What I'm doing right now it is to manually position each element and I have to position it in the respective coordinates and this is usually very suffocating for me, that other possibilities exist ?, Since it grows slowly.

A greeting.

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#2]
Hey Yue,

There are a lot of options which you can optimize your workflow. Since the items you have listed here are not that much, you can always use a 3rd party level editor like Fragmotion, which I'm seeing you're already familiar with.

It's already given that the B3D format can store scenes and from there you can export from fragmotion then tweak or get information from your scene once it is loaded.

Hope that helps. :-)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#3]
I'm thinking of the elements of each charge unified platform.

For example each platform in programaa modeling have their bushes, and their static models, and only load and position individually dynamic objects, such as boxes and trees, In this case would have fewer objects to manipulate and position the stage.

That would be the right thing?

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#4]
Oh ok, so you want to randomize your level. Yes, that would be one good idea. Load all in one and hide them at the same time. Create your platform generator and make some tests for impossibilities like misplaced objects or blocked areas.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#5]
I would cut all on one level in one unit, but do not want to sacrifice the option of fading into the distance, it will be very useful when it grows up.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#6]
Not sure if this is what you mean but, you could use "HideEntity" on platforms + entities when exceeding a given "EntityDistance"?
That should speed things up.

Wings(Posted 2015) [#7]
i coded molle the dog3d. i simply devided the map into segments.
use camera range, camera fog se if it helps. usaly for me.