Animated Mesh Center

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Animated Mesh Center

stayne(Posted 2015) [#1]
I'm having to adjust my animated mesh's Y alignment via UU3D to make up for the EntityRadius command. With a zero radius their feet are flat on the ground but as soon as I add an EntityRadius their feet are above ground obviously. So I have to open the mesh in UU3D and move the models down a certain distance.

Problem is when I add their little name sprite above their head it uses the mesh's EntityY with the radius added and not the actual mesh's EntityY.

I hope that makes sense.

Well I kind of just answered my own question...going to try to subtract the radius and see if the name sprite lines up.

stayne(Posted 2015) [#2]
That worked...but seems like a hack and a half. Any ideas to reset the center of an animated mesh that has been moved up or down in a modeling program?

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#3]
Not sure if i understand your problem... If you want to have an ellipsoid collider for your character but not have your character feet above the ground (because of the ellipsoid collider radius), you can create a pivot (which will be the ellipsoid collider with the radius), set your mesh as a child of this pivot, turn move the mesh until it is oriented positioned as you want related to the pivot, then turn move the pivot and there will be collisions detection and repositioning and this will also turn move the mesh and the feet will be on the ground.

Matty(Posted 2015) [#4]
Yep. Use pivots....thats what theyre for...your game mesh should really just be a visual representation and doesnt need to do anything else.