Windows 10 and Blitz3D full Screen.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Windows 10 and Blitz3D full Screen.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#1]

Screen resolution 1024 x 768 , the screen does not come out full , what can be video drivers ?, What ?, or Blitz3D already going to die?

skidracer(Posted 2015) [#2]
I would

* default to a maximized window for Blitz3D projects.

* for fullscreen only ever set to native resolution of the computer / desktop dimensions

Blitz3D has a long history of taking the blame when drivers are to blame. I see no difference here except you should not be using non-native video resolution of LCD monitor as you are effectively asking driver to break.

Blitz3D is not dead, please edit / reconsider your attitude.

Change your program so it does not force graphics mode and instead defaults to window.

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#3]
Do you have direct X 9 installed? (it coexist with newer do versions)

skidracer(Posted 2015) [#4]
I just tested blitz3d castle demo on vanilla windows 10 hp laptop with intel graphics and it worked flawlessly with

Graphics3D 1024,768,32

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#5]
I noticed the same: some modes(in full screen) suddenly no longer supported by my videocard. This must be a win10 driver issue, for also happens with some games. Not just Blitz.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#6]
What is the problem exactly ? What do you mean by "the screen does not come out full " ?

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#7]
FWIW, Yue still uses a CRT, which shouldn't have scaling issues with oddball resolutions like LCD might. That said, it's possible that the refreshrate is causing issues.

Yue: Are you using the latest release of B3D? Version 1.107 fixed a redraw rate issue on Windows 8 (and likely Win10 as well), and using weird/wrong refreshrates on a CRT could cause the image to be drawn oddly on the screen.
If the information is all there just in the wrong place or shrunk together, you may need to manually adjust your monitor settings to correct, or degauss / reset / auto tune / whatever in the monitors on-screen menu if it is modern enough to have one of those.

*(Posted 2015) [#8]
I would definitely point this at a driver issue, had the same thing before updating to new drivers

Yue(Posted 2015) [#9]
Hi, I have installed DirectX 11 I use these old monitor cathode ray tubes .

The problem is that when I ponto greater 800 x 600 resolution , the screen does not fit the space on my monitor , which is why the bucket is not in the center of the screen.

Res 1920 x 1440

My monitor. compaq p910

Graphics3D 1024,768,32,0
SetBuffer BackBuffer()

Local camera% = CreateCamera()
Local cube%   = CreateCube()

PositionEntity camera%, 0, 0, -10

While Not KeyHit(1)

RenderWorld
	Flip 

Wend 

Edit:
My monitor when running at 800 x 600 full screen makes a noise ( chisss ) characteristic of the old screens, but if I run 1024 x 768, not executed.

Perform a test PureBasic 5.31 for Ogre and working properly .

Yue(Posted 2015) [#10]
Fixed issue . I went to the menu troubleshoot compatibility and check the option . " The program is running but not vizualiza correctly.

The question is : This implies , if drivers ?, or that could happen ?

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#11]
I don't think this is a bug, this is just an unsupported resolution.
A graphics window with a width height bigger than your screen default resolution should work if in windowed mode but not in full screen mode (at least that's what i have noticed on my different computers)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#12]
All resolutions higher than 800 x 600 full screen mode is that way. By applying compatibility they are solved .

Yue(Posted 2015) [#13]
Fix here.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=3076

This ensures that the user does not need to turn on compatibility mode for Blitz3D executable in Windows 10 to display a full screen mode at resolutions higher than 800 x 600 .