Ragdoll invest .

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Ragdoll invest .

Yue(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello, I would like to reopen this issue concerning the Ragdoll .

How would it be possible after executing the ragdoll , that is put back into its original animation?

For example , a car runs over the character , it explodes , then desdes his position lying on the floor it stands . Any hypothesis of how to do this ?

Regards.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#2]
I have never tried it but i understand the theory :
You have one premade pose where the character is flat on the ground (on the back or on the front)
And you have one pose after the raggdoll has stopped to turn move the parts of the character.
You can create an animation directly inside Blitz3d (with setanimKey if i remember correctly) if you know the first pose and the next poses.
Your first pose is the orientation/position of each joint after the raggdoll has stopped to turn move.
Your next pose is the orientation/position of each joint of the premade pose where the character is flat on the ground (on the back or on the front)
Create this intermediate animation
Then deactivate your raggdoll
Then animate the character with this intermediate animation
And when this animation has finished and the pose is the pose where the character is flat on the ground, you can play the animation to stand up.
That's the idea.

Now, can you retrieve the orientation position of each joint of the premade pose where the character is flat on the ground inside Blitz3d ? I am not sure... But if you can't you can always use your animation tool to know the orientation position of each joint when in this pose, then store this pose (the orientation position of each joint) in an array inside Blitz3d.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#3]
Sounds awfully complicated. Never seen code example of this in practice round here, which is indeed a pity, but probably means no one ever really tried or succeeded?

KronosUK(Posted 2015) [#4]
rather than create an intermediate animation couldn't you just..

1. switch off the ragdoll gravity but keep joints etc.
2. manually morph each joint angle to some predefined angle where end result matches an animation frame. The character mesh will follow ragdoll joint model as before.
3. Once all joints have reached final angle, disable ragdoll physics entirely and continue with animation as normal.