Arduino

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Arduino

wedoe(Posted 2015) [#1]
I have been busy fiddling around with Arduino-projects lately, controlling the device from BB thorugh a lot of different DLL's. In my experience none of the DLL, Microsoft's kernel.dll inclued, are any stable in the long run. Sooner or later the BB-program or the DLL crashes, rendering the communication useless.

I thought I should let people who search the forums for "Arduino" know :-)

IN THE OTHER HAND:
There are a few ethernet-solutions (wifi also which I have not tried yet) that works like a charm. Setting up the Arduino as a web-server have so far not failed me even once, in this setting no DLL is needed :-)

Rroff(Posted 2015) [#2]
Surprised - I've done stuff that has hit kernel/system dlls pretty hard in the past and never had any stability problems with them - not interfacing with Arduino mind but would be a little surprised if they are the root cause of the instability.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#3]
I think the problem dll has to do more with the ability to write code for these bookstores and not the dll own .

wedoe(Posted 2015) [#4]
I did not dive deep and heavy into the problem since my ethernet-quest was successful and honestly a lot more applicable since I have a cabled network all over my house anyway. Combining the enc28j60-based ethernetcard with a cheap AP will make it reachable through wifi also.