Hybrid Error

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Hybrid Error

Caton(Posted 2015) [#1]
Every Time I run a sample or any program source with it it crashes.
I am using windows xp 32 bit.
I have directx9 run time installed.

Matty(Posted 2015) [#2]
Okay.....

is this a fresh install?

check if you have a folder marked /tmp inside your blitz3d folder - if that is missing you will find that depending on folder permissions blitz3d will fail to compile (I've noticed this on fresh installs on windows 7 but not on xP....but you never know)

do you have any userlibs installed? (check your userlibs folder - and try removing them)

Which version of blitz3d are you running (check the about box)

Do you get a particular error message? Perhaps post a screenshot?

That may help diagnosing the problem...

Caton(Posted 2015) [#3]
Hybrid is a standalone program. you don't need blitz to run it.
I downloaded it from blitz3d userlibs.
I want my game to use dx9 so I using Hybrid.

Caton(Posted 2015) [#4]
but It doesn't work It just crashes.

Matty(Posted 2015) [#5]
Sorry ive never heard of hybrid and cant help....

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#6]
Matty: Hybrid is Ploppy's take on Blitz3d V2.0. See here for info:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=103301

Canton:
-Did you also install DX11? (if possible under for XP)
-Has SP3 for XP been installed?
-Which version of Hybrid X64 or the x32?

Please note: Hybrid's currently undergoing lots of changes as Ploppy is trying to make an up to date 64 bit version of Blitz3d, but it requires some in depth stuff before he can make this work and has to be done in Assembly, which also may take some time.

Perhaps best to use the Hardwired library for now.

Caton(Posted 2015) [#7]
Graphics3D 800,600,32,2
SetBuffer BackBuffer()
TestMusic=PlayMusic("4.ogg")
It says the file doesn't exist but blitz3D says it's does.
could somebody help please?
While Not KeyDown( 1 )
Cls
Flip
Wend
End

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#8]
I believe the audio commands in Hybrid are not yet build in. Ploppy has to still decide on an audio library as the original of Blitz3d requires a license, therefore he's looking for a free one. Several options are under review.
The Hardwired DLL, useable from Blitz3d does work with sound, for it's using the original Blitz3d routines.

Caton(Posted 2015) [#9]
Can I use audio lib for it like VLC?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#10]
Yup, you can use VLC for -video- playback(see the example that's included with the Hybrid/Hardwired download), not sure about audio, but you can't use the default Blitz3d audio commands in Hybrid yet(for above mentioned reason). You can use the Blitz3d audio commands in Hardwired though. Like:
LoadSound
FreeSound
LoopSound
SoundPitch
SoundVolume
SoundPan
PlaySound
PlayMusic
PlayCDTrack
StopChannel
PauseChannel
ResumeChannel
ChannelPitch
ChannelVolume
ChannelPan
ChannelPlaying

Ploppy's Hardwired is an add-on DLL for Blitz3d(32 bit) to bring new commands and DX9/DX11 compatibility(plus lots and lots of other stuff), while his Hybrid version is a merger of Blitz3d recoded to 64bit with all the new updated routines and the new Hardwired commands build in.
However, Hybrid needs more work done to it and is a more daunting task also, so this will take him some time.

Caton(Posted 2015) [#11]
When I load a md2 model it doesn't render the model
the file does exist and I have renderworld.
btw how do I write\load sharders?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#12]
Hmm perhaps the md2 part isn't bugfree/finished yet. Ploppy??

Shader programming is done through a specific GPU scripting language named HSL and apparently can be very powerful, but also kinda tricky.
In the examples there's a folder "release\samples\shaders" which contains examples.

Here's a link that was provided by Ploppy regarding HSL:
http://www.catalinzima.com/xna/tutorials/crash-course-in-hlsl/

However appears Hardwired or it's examples haven't been updated to the latest incarnation, for a lot of examples do not run at the moment. Just so you know.

Caton(Posted 2015) [#13]
when will it be updated? I can't use it until it works right.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#14]
Unsure. Lately have seen Hybrid being updated quite extensively.
There's no timetable/planning(or at the least not that I know off) for this is basically a one man operation(Ploppy's) and he of course has a life next to Hardwired/Hybrid. So it may take quite some time before all finished.

For the moment I don't think all of the original Blitz3D's routines are in there already as they need to be reworked to work with DX9/11, shaders, x64 and all kind of other goodies Ploppy's putting in.

Caton(Posted 2015) [#15]
then he needs more programmers then.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#16]
Nope, it's his love baby. And he came a very long way already. And.. I believe he promised that if for some reason he won't be able to finish, he'll release it to the community for others to build on, but I don't think that will happen as he's very committed, unless he hasn't got a choice.