Problem with Alpha Blending in .b3d file

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Problem with Alpha Blending in .b3d file

ThePaiva(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hey, I'd like to ask you guys if there's any kind of problem with alpha blending on .b3d files...

What I'm trying to do is use a texture with alpha-blending over another texture so I can add stuff like graffiti, blood splatters and what not over my characters,levels and what not.

I'm sure I've set it up correctly because it works fine when I use it on a cube created with createcube() or a .3ds file of a cube.

Here's a PICTURE for comparison.

As you can see, in the .3ds file it blends with the texture below just fine, but in the .b3d file it just makes the whole model transparent.

I'm currently using B3D Pipeline on 3DS Max 9 to export the .b3d file if that's of any help.

Already tried setting up through the B3D Pipeline and both in code to no avail.

I've set it up like this:
cube=LoadMesh("cube.3ds") ;Swith to createcube() for same result

tex0=LoadTexture("1asterisk.tga",1) ;normal texture here
tex1=LoadTexture("robo-lado.png",3) ;texture with alpha here

EntityTexture cube,tex0,0,0
EntityTexture cube,tex1,0,1

TextureBlend tex0,2
TextureBlend tex1,1

videz(Posted 2014) [#2]
I have not tested this alphablend feature and definitely would like to see the result and test this thing out.

If you can provide your full sample resources and code above thru download maybe I can help out.

ThePaiva(Posted 2014) [#3]
Okay, I think I just found the problem.

Seems to be something with the B3D Pipeline exporter, cause when I export it without applying any type of material (the Standard or the B3D Brush) it works fine, but if I apply any material and then export it, it glitches like the picture I just showed...

Sure videz, here's the link for it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11827298/alphatest.rar

videz(Posted 2014) [#4]
looks like it. The B3D has many options and is a bit complex AFAIK. good thing you sorted this thing out.

ThePaiva(Posted 2014) [#5]
Yeah, kinda.
Still would be nice to be able to use the materials in 3DS Max since it's easier to manage, but since it looks like B3D Pipeline is no longer supported by it's creator I'll have to deal with it that way.

Thanks for the help :)

videz(Posted 2014) [#6]
I don't use the 3DSMax pipeline cause yeah its no longer supported.

I would recommend the Blender, Fragmotion or Milkshape pipeline/exporters though as it is very easy to manage, at least for me I had no problems with my content.

cheers.