how to render more in blitz3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/how to render more in blitz3d

Caton(Posted 2014) [#1]
how can I code where it can render 3d more. like the lego movie video game is a pc and it has more rendering.

Matty(Posted 2014) [#2]
Sorry? What are you asking?

Caton(Posted 2014) [#3]
blitz3d render the 3d models more.

Matty(Posted 2014) [#4]
Umm. Use the renderworld command?

Still don't know what you're asking.

Caton(Posted 2014) [#5]
no I mean like xbox360 games do more rendering how to you make where blitz will do more rendering then 32 bit.

Matty(Posted 2014) [#6]
Basically you need to be good at art...3d modeling etc. Sure a modern 3d engine has a lot more features and can throw around a lot more triangles than blitz but ultimately it comes down to the quality of the artist.

_33(Posted 2014) [#7]
Doing more rendering than 32-bit? Maybe try to understand the basics. Start with boolean algebra.

K(Posted 2014) [#8]
Blitz renders in 16,24,or 32bit (the last two being the same thing kindof)
colors if that's what you are asking...I may not be the most on the upandup
but as far as I am informé >=64bit monitors are not available to your average consumer (i.e. you).
If you mean how do you render more Tris onscreen at once:

As Matty said, that's an issue more with A)you, your artwork, and how well you can optimize your gamelogic, and B)the machine you are running on. The game you mentioned was done by a professional studio and will always be better in that department than anything you can make with b3d or essentially any commercial engine... as an example Uncharted2 had >3000000 polys onscreen at once; while others on the PS3 could not match that because their custom made renderers outperformed the competition.

Is that helpful? I too am not sure I understood you.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#9]
If your question is how to render more tris and at the same time to keep a high enough FPS :

-try to create meshes which appear to have an enough detailed shape but with the minimum of tris possible

-be sure that the exporter of your modeling software exports a "clean" mesh (no unnecessary duplicated vertices/triangles)

-try to divide your scene in several areas, and merge all static meshes of an area in the same mesh (in the minimum number of surfaces possible)
for example, for a scene of 100x100units, it could be 10x10 areas of 10x10units

-separate the logic from the render, especially for collisions detection and response, use low tris collidables (same thing with linepick : use low tris pickables).

Caton(Posted 2015) [#10]
i ment dx9 rendering

Matty(Posted 2015) [#11]
If you want to render more polygons simply duplicate all your meshes ;-)

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#12]
i ment dx9 rendering
[

Stock Blitz3D will only do DirectX7, but there are some projects that add DX9 and DX11 capabilities, such as "Hardwired" -- search the forums for details.

Caton(Posted 2015) [#13]
is there a way to do it in the blitz3d source code?

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2015) [#14]
You also need to remember, Caton, that Blitz3d is nearly fifteen-years old. If you want to make games capable of modern graphical and processing standards, try using more recent engines like Unity. You could also learn C++, but I'm assuming you plan on programming only as a hobby.

Also, learning to make games takes discipline and time. It's okay to consult a forum for assistance on things that are unclear to you, but you shouldn't expect particularly detailed, fruitful answers and solutions for vague questions like "how to render more."

If you want help, you first got to help yourself. I'm not sure who said that, but he or she sure had the right idea.