I am wondering . . . . .

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/I am wondering . . . . .

Learning5614(Posted 2014) [#1]
I am wondering, can I put all the media, like all graphics, music, sound files in one folder with program? That way all the media files won't be all jumbled around all over the hard drive. Just thinking of an easier way to program.

From,
Richard L. West

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#2]
Hi, yes you can do that, but it's MUCH more efficient and neat if you use separate folders created in the main directory for different TYPES of media.

For music for instance, I use a folder I create in the main directory of the EXE called "music/". For sound effects, I use either "sounds/file.whatever", or "sounds/particular_sound_effect/file.whatever".

Does this help?

~GF

Matty(Posted 2014) [#3]
Place media however you choose...relative paths are your friend as are subfolders.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#4]
One way to organize your files is to put them in different directories depending on their file type like what GF suggested. (for example, meshes, textures, animations, sounds, images, fonts, ...)
Another way is to put them in different directories depending on their entity kind/group (for example, terrains, buildings, doors, furnitures, devices, rocks, plants, humans, armors, weapons, projectiles, ...)
As you want...

Learning5614(Posted 2014) [#5]
I personally thank all of you kind, wonderful B3D users, for your suggestions & advice. I will still keep on using Blitz3D for personal learning & achievement.