Windows 10 : Fullscreen works perfect !!!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Windows 10 : Fullscreen works perfect !!!

Hellbend(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi. (My English is really bad, sorry)

I tried the new version of Windows 10 (technical preview).

As you know, run blitz 3D programs at fullscreen is a problem with windows 8. I use Fastlib, so use Windows 8.1+Fastlib at fullscreen it's a pain for me.

Surprise !!! My old programs run perfect with the new Windows 10 !!!

By the way, the new S.O. run faster and is more intuitive than W8.

It looks like we have nice news. :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#2]
EH? Windows 10 isnt even out yet!

RGR(Posted 2014) [#3]
Hellbend wrote: Surprise !!! My old programs run perfect with the new Windows 10 !!!

Good to know. I will use a partition on my Laptop to check it out over the weekend.

Hotshot2005 wrote: EH? Windows 10 isnt even out yet!

Thanks for the information ... better use Google next time ... or read some online computer magazines ...

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#4]
Hotshot: You can download the preview version now, for testing. MS made that publically available at the same time they officially presented Windows 10 to the general public. Not recommended for production (or primary) systems, but anyone can grab a copy and try it on a backup computer or inside a virtual machine. It's not the final version of course so there's still some functionality that may change or be added, but at least you can check out the current state.

Be aware that this is a TIME LIMITED test version, so it WILL stop working in a few months. You also may not be able to 'upgrade' it to the full retail version when it comes out next year, without a wipe & reinstall first.

download link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#5]
ahhh I see and thanks for links :)

Rroff(Posted 2014) [#6]
That is good to know.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#7]
ahhh I see and thanks for links :)

FWIW, they did the same thing with the last few releases: public beta/RC1/RC2 prior to the official launch of the final...

It allows software developers in particular to make sure their stuff works under the new version on release date, and makes a smoother ride for everyone involved.

I installed the preview in VMWare myself to test it -- overall I like it, although I prefer the classic start menu that ClassicShell gives me in Windows 8 already, and I wish there was a way to make the window borders a little thicker.

Glad to see they brought at least -some- depth back by returning window shadows.