EntityAutoFade??

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/EntityAutoFade??

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]
I'm trying to establish control indicating the distance in which objects must begin to be observed by the juegador, but it seems that does not work EntityAutoFade command, which has a starting range of fading and another to the end, and the mesh moving the slider contro draw distance does not fade, but it disappears without relizar the respective fading.

Any suggestions.

Stevie G(Posted 2014) [#2]
I have found that entityautofade does not work when vertexcolor is being used on an entity. I had to resort to using camerafogmode and distance and disable the fog via entityfx for any entities which were to be ignored during this process.

Bobysait(Posted 2014) [#3]
@Stevie G : you 're right, I experienced the same problem (not with EntityAutoFade that I actually never use, but with any mesh with Alpha on its brush).

> While VertexColor is enabled, it disables the alpha of the brush (and it does not matter if VertexAlpha is enabled or not)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#4]
What I've noticed is that if the model has multiple textures, fading does not work, my models have three tresturas, nvector.tga, normal.tga and difusse.tga.

Bobysait(Posted 2014) [#5]
Do you load the textures with "+2" flag ?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#6]
There is no difference if I use Alpha, add or Multiply

Bobysait(Posted 2014) [#7]
I don't speak of the blend mode, I speak of the "Flag"
MyTex = LoadTexture(file$, FLAG)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#8]

No, the texture is already baked into the model from the 3D design software. The fact is that the models likewise have several textures when the light does not affect them. In the scheduled modeling nvector I put a texture with banner 1 + 128, normal flag with 4 room with flag texture 3 and Diffuse to multiply two.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#9]
What 3D design software did you use, if I may ask?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#10]
FragMotion i ama use.

Ploppy(Posted 2014) [#11]
Still lovin' that bloom effect....

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#12]
Yue>>Do you do the Unwelding / UVMapping with Fragmotion too ?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#13]
Yes RemiD

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#14]
Very good work. :)
I have never used Fragmotion to unweld/UVmap a mesh (i prefer to use Wings3d)
Do you know a good tutorial to learn to use Fragmotion to unweld/UVmap a mesh ? Thanks