Various textures on a model and lights

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Various textures on a model and lights

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]
The problem I have is that the model has several textures, but the light created createLight not affected, I mean the color of the light what was an orange color.

Rroff(Posted 2014) [#2]
Without knowing more about what your doing I suspect its an alpha blend stage problem.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#3]
The model has 5 textures, vector, normal, ambient, diffuse and specular light but does not affect it, the only thing I can think of is to change the color of the diffuse texture

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#4]
I have come across a similar problem: multi textured surface that does not respond to light entities.

Was not sure what caused it or how to resolve, so I left it. But now you mention this: does someone know the solution to this?

(Perhaps a simplified bit of code + media would help for people to test and see)

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#5]
If your mesh is not affected by DX7 vertex lighting :
Depending on with which modeling software you have exported the mesh, the surfaces may have been set as "fullbright"
It happens with meshes exported with 3DWorldStudio.

You can use fragmotion (trial version or full version) to see what i mean by selecting a surface ("material") and check the "blend" and the "fx".
in Blitz3d, the default "blend" is alpha and the default "fx" is 0 or nothing

If your mesh is affected by DX7 vertex lighting but he light is always white :
search on the forum for a topic by Krischan about normalmap/bumpmap and lightcolor, i don't know where it is but it may help you.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#6]
EntityFX myent, 0

What does this do? "Turns out all the lights" :P Just kidding! It disables all entity effects on a specified entity.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#7]
I think it's the shape of the model, ie with various textures something happens and does not affect the light source.

In that case I think you have to see that the model has several textures and both Nvector.png Specular.png alienate themselves as the light source. In this case I think the only way is to change the color of the difuse texture, because if I remove all the textures and can only Diffuse light does affect the model.