How to CameraPick a CopyMesh with LoadAnimMesh?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How to CameraPick a CopyMesh with LoadAnimMesh?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi all. Just as the title says. Is there a code example which can pick a "LoadAnimMesh()" without the hassle of a 3D modeler program?

I would just like to maybe add tiny pivots to each vertex in a LoadAnimMesh() or some other way in order to "Pick" dynamic animated meshes.

Thank You SO kindly! =)

Sincerely,

~GF

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#2]
Can anyone assist?

Thank you so kindly! :)

Sincerely,

~GF

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#3]
If i understand correctly, what you want is a code which automatically creates shapes on an animated mesh so that you can pick it ?

I am not aware of a code which does that. And i don't think it would be accurate enough to do that.

If i had to do that i would create low tris shapes which are approximately like the high tris body parts, then load it in blitz3d, then position it rotate it like the appropriate joint, then set it as a child of the joint.
Then, when the joint will turn/move, the shape will turn/move with it.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#4]
Um. I don't quite follow what you're getting at.

Isn't there a function such as "Recursive_Camera_Pick()" which can mimic camera pick at a child / child-child level?

I mean, I tried this... But it didn't work.. :/

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#5]
Try to load an animated mesh in blitz3d
Then create a low tris mesh (a cube for example)
Then retrieve a joint with findchild
Then position rotate the low tris mesh at the same position and with the same orientation than those of the joint
then set the low tris mesh as a child of the joint
then animate the mesh
you will see the low tris mesh turning moving with the joint
and you will be able to pick it

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#6]

This is what I have so far. I'm lost at this point.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#7]
Can someone please assist?

Thank You so kindly! :)

Sincerely,

~GF