Problem with tabs?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Problem with tabs?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi all. As you may or may not know, I am currently working on my project, and I ran into a small snag. This one is a WinBlitz3D V.1.1 glitch. (At least I think it's a glitch). Anyway, I have uploaded to mediafire, all the files needed to compile this test (which are not alot, btw). I did NOT include an EXE file as to not set off any possible false positives in virus scanners. I have only included the source files which compile easily. So my problem now is this. How can I completely stop the flickering of the text field gadget when it is being updated, and how can I make it so that even though it's still automatically grabbing my camera's X/Y/Z position / rotation, it will still allow me to switch between tabs while constantly updating in the background?

Here's the main source code...

tabbertest.bb:

And here is the link to the mediafire zip file...

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rwazie5v2symc5w/tabbertest.zip

PLEASE NOTE :: You will have to wait anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds, and you must be staring at the values of the X/Y/Z position and moving around with W/A/S/D & / or the arrow keys & sometimes stopping in order to see the values flicker.

Thank You all very kindly for all your help! =)

Sincerely,

~Guy Fawkes

Yue(Posted 2014) [#2]
Hi, here error on compilation.
api_GetSystemMetrics not found.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#3]
Ok, flashing change solves the range of the camera on your viewing distance. The documentation shows that more Blitz3D parameter if too high can make strange errors in the program.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#4]
Change your code to this:
CameraRange cam, 0.01, 5000.0
scaleEntity sky, 1000, 1000, 1000

In this case the value for the range of the camera is very high and problems occur with the backbuffer.

so do tests to see who can withstand the high value camera.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#5]
@Yue, thanks for the help, but the flashing is in the actual winblitz3d gadgets (where the text fields are). I also need to be able to update the values of each text field even in the background while still being able to switch between tabs. Does that explain it a bit better? As for api_getsystemmetrics(), you have to put both DECLs files into the blitz3d/userlibs folder. :)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#6]
Ok, I thought it was the flicker of the camera when you displayed the world, in this case here I do not perceive any flicker in the fields that display the coordinates of the camera.

My English is very bad, what you need to understand is that when changing tab, the text fields are not displayed, right?, If that way should be an option to know that this active tab and then hide fields text for each tab.

A greeting.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#7]
Hey recommend you to use this lib, I think from my point of view is much better.
http://dev-ch.com/coding/devilengines/devilgui

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#8]
The problem with DevilGUI, is that it does not allow for an infinite amount of tab pages. Otherwise, I would use it.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#9]
mmmmmmm, and BCF3.1??

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#10]
Unless you know of a way to make the amount of tabs I can create, unlimited.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#11]
What's BCF 3.1, where do I get it, and can it create unlimited amounts of tabs & allow for the updating of each field in the background while allowing for switching between each tab?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#12]
Ok give me a moment to upload it droopbox ... so you figure it out.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#13]
Ok here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39767349/BCF3.1.zip

I comets as you think about this lib.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#14]
I just checked & BCF doesn't even have tabs.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#15]
The tabs can do with the buttons, hiding and showing controls assigned to that tab. I'm thinking of another lib but can not remember the name.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#16]
If you can show me an example using any GUI that does not have the flickering values in the fields, and be able to switch between each tab while updating the fields in the background, then I will use that GUI.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#17]
Ok, one moment, i am find new libs for you.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#18]
Enjoy it here:
https://app.box.com/s/2yxm72i9bytug235lwtl ;)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#19]
Woh! that's amazing! I've never seen this GUI before! does this allow for unlimited amounts of tabs? :O

Thanks ALOT, Yue!

Yue(Posted 2014) [#20]
If that allows many tabs, also has a gui editor to make the job very much easier. The truth could not remember the name but I found it on my hard drive. Enjoy it! :)

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2014) [#21]
Thanks alot, Yue! :) I REALLY appreciate the time & the effort you took to help me! :) Kudos, buddy! Kudos! :)

Rroff(Posted 2014) [#22]
IIRC BCF has some fairly big performance issues with more complex UIs unless you edit some of its core code and/or replace some of its functions to use features from fastlibs.

Unfortunatly don't have enough experience with WinBlitz to help with that.