Bumper floor after passing tires.??

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Bumper floor after passing tires.??

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]

Hi, any suggestion to leave tire tracks, I thought of stickers or a system of particles.

Any suggestions.

RGR(Posted 2014) [#2]
This is a beautful project you are working on.

I would use a particle system. You can place them where the wheel hits the ground - leave a gap on the ground where the wheel rolls over a bigger stone and place a particle on the stone instead.
You can make it stay forever or let it fade with a wind. And since particle systems usualy save the positions and orientations in Types the user can even save and reload.
I think your particle idea is very good for that.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#3]
Check arrows on terrain:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=259

Same idea could be used for tracks(or anything you want to put on terrain) I guess.

Also the "Insaner" demo (samples/mak/insaner on how to multitexture a terrain to get a track image.

Thread here too: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=23459
And perhaps this one:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=100930

I myself use a combination of above to achieve a terrain that I can destroy with grenades(making craters) and leave scorch marks on it, like as if has been burned.

but perhaps a particle system would be more suitable.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#4]
@Rick NasherTnanks You, Do you know of a system of free particles, which offers buenos results.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#5]
I think that what Rick suggests may work but will not be detailed enough to look good.
for a 100x100 terrain, you would need a 1000x1000 texture at least. So if your terrain is really big, you will be limited.

I suggest to use a mesh with one surface and add/remove vertices and triangles progressively.
See the demo :
Blitz3D\samples\mak\tron

You will probably need linepick or terrainY to position each vertex slightly above the terrain.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#6]
@RemiD

The translator of google did not help much ...

What I mean is that the mesh is cre footprint real-time terrain tires passing over the ground?

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#7]
Ok i try to rephrase :

See the demo :
Blitz3D\samples\mak\tron

It shows how to create a welded mesh with one surface and how to add vertices and triangles progressively.
Of course, for what you want to do you need to modify the position of some vertices so that it looks like a track/imprint on the terrain.

And you also need to position each new vertex slightly above the terrain. You can determine the height of the terrain at X,Z with a linepick from up to down, or with TerrainY()

Yue(Posted 2014) [#8]
I've looked at the example, and I feel good raw as it managed not understand: (

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#9]
I used the Devil Particle System(link) cos it has some nice exploding rock effects. I have no clue if it would suit your needs though, perhaps nice for drilling rock specimens?

The Lotus Particle System I see in another post has some very nice spike, vulcano and water effects though, and perhaps might be more suitable for the tracks thing, but I really don't know.

BTW: love what you did with the rover model. Especially the solar panels look great.